Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-11-2010, 07:48 AM   #1

Good Campground near Hanc o c k, Wisconsin

Does anyone know of a good campground near Han**** Wisconsin, we will be going there for a family reunion this next summer and want to camp.
There is only one campground there....Tomorrow Wood Campground, but they have no website, does anyone know if it is good?
Mark, KB9OPW
Deb, KC9SCA
markndeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #2
Site Team

Post A slightly off-topic posting about censorship

The soap box please...

I presume you mean H-A-N-C-O-C-K, WI? See, it's easy to get around these little naughty word thingys when you know how. So, why do they even implement them?. To me, most of these products are a pain in the @$$ (hee hee, hee.. fooled you again Net Nanny, or whatever product name you're going by these days). And, in this case of Han****, the censorship isn't even valid. It just illustrates how poorly some computer software is written. Personally, I like to think that this an adult forum and we can all be trusted to use good taste and judgment when posting. Besides, there are moderators here to ensure (and punish) those who fail to practice the forum's "code of ethics", so to speak.

Back in the early 1970's (probably around or before some folks on this forum were even born) a comedian named George Carlin did a comedy routine on the seven words you can't say on television. Sadly, if he were alive to perform this same routine today, I think He's be down to about five or six of the original seven that he could still talk about. In George's routine, the word that's contained in Han**** was not one of the "heavy seven" but what he called a "two-way word". George said, "It's in the Bible- 'and the **** crowed three times'". Yet when used in a different context (And I won't here. Besides, everyone already knows what it is anyway), it's vulgar.

I wonder how Civil War General Winfield Scott Han**** feels about the fact that no one can post his name here without it being censored? And, what about people who live in Hell, Michigan? (Wow, this was allowed, but I've seen this word censored on other forums). Because all the letters of their town would be censored, you'd have to really guess as there are a lot of other four letter words that are censored. There's no clue to what the word might be like in Han****.

Well, I've had enough "fun" here talking about censorship software. I'll get down off the soap box and put it away until next time (and, I'll bet there are some out there who read this and hopes "next time" is eternity).

Anyway, to answer the OP's question: Unfortunately, no, I'm not familiar with the Han****, WI area. But, maybe some other member who's more knowledgeable will chime in.

TV: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Std. Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
RV: 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT
PREVIOUS: 1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!

FPM III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:41 PM   #3

H-A-N-C-O-C-K, Wi is close to Wild Rose, Wautoma, Planfield. There are 5 campgrounds to stay in that area but I have not visited one.
2015 Silverado 2500
rodro123 is offline   Reply With Quote