Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-26-2015, 05:16 AM   #21

I've been to Spring Gulch in Lancaster and I'm going to Lake In Wood out there too next weekend.

I also decided to do South Carolina, but I'm going to layover in Richmond one day back and forth.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 05:14 PM   #22

10 Hours from NJ

Hey Jopopsy,

We are from Ocean County, NJ and do an RV website and podcast on iTunes. Please check us out at RV Family Travel Atlas for dozens of great campground reviews 10 hours of so from NJ.

Happy Travels! Myrtle Beach is awesome!
livelylittlecampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 07:27 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelylittlecampers View Post
Hey Jopopsy,

We are from Ocean County, NJ and do an RV website and podcast on iTunes. Please check us out at RV Family Travel Atlas for dozens of great campground reviews 10 hours of so from NJ.

Happy Travels! Myrtle Beach is awesome!
Same here - I've bookmarked your site and will be reading it with great interest !! Thanks !!

Old 08-03-2015, 10:39 PM   #24

We just got back from a trip through the finger lakes up to Niagara- had an amazing time. We did state parks- Watkins Glen, Four Mile Creek on Lake Ontario. You can get power & water, but not sewer. I'd definitely recommend heading that direction, easy drive from NJ. Tons to see & do.
skylarkva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 10:31 PM   #25

We live in NE PA and so far we have been to Promise land sp, French Creek sp, Caledonia, pine grove furnace all very nice LOVE promise land and some sites have full hook up.
We also have been to spring gulch, colonial woods, Lake in wood, knoebels- lake glory, robin hill, blue rocks, otter Lake, I know I am forgetting some. We go camping with a group of friends from all over that we met from another forum. We have a blast
Samebutdifferent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 07:45 AM   #26

Hershey, PA? Have had Hershey Park/Chocolate Factory experience -- very nice, but no campground experience, although I have heard good things about the campground there. Also Gettysburg? Have heard good things about their campgrounds and they are not far from Hershey. I know you said you wanted to go north, but these are not too far south.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:26 AM   #27

We've been to Spring Gulch and Lake In Wood. We're going out to Gettysburg for Columbus Day weekend. Spring Gulch was nice and quiet, more serene in the elite section. Lake In Wood was noisy but the amenities were far and away superior.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:32 AM   #28

just got back from a week at the Yogi campground in Quarryville PA. was a very friendly location and nice sites. waterpark for the kids. also LG Resort is a good one for the kids.
smonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 10:41 AM   #29

Jellystone at Birchwood Acres in Greenfield Park NY gets a thumbs up from my family!

TV = 2006 F-350 CC DRW 6.0
TT = 2018 Wildwood 31KQBTS
TT = 2007 Jayco Jay Flight 27bh - SOLD
Macrosill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 06:03 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
I don't think I want to get into crossing the border quite yet.
Crossing the border even with an RV is a piece of cake as long as you aren't carrying firearms or booze as long as you have passports or the travel cards. Just be polite and answer the questions.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:00 AM   #31

Frequent Border Crossers

Quote:
Originally Posted by us71na View Post
Crossing the border even with an RV is a piece of cake as long as you aren't carrying firearms or booze as long as you have passports or the travel cards. Just be polite and answer the questions.
We cross the border at least two trips a year... Someone noted earlier that crossing into the US is harder then the trip into Canada... 100% accurate but still easy to do.

The primary difficulty is the agriculture restrictions... Some bright light has decided your roast beef sandwich might be the source of the next Mad Cow Outbreak. The list of foods you cannot bring from Canada to the US is basically any fresh food products, dairy or citrus juices. We cross with only pre-packaged foods and then at our first stop on the US side we pick-up our meat and produce.

We use to dispose of any extra produce we had before crossing back North of the border... Until we discovered that Canada does not have the same stringent restrictions. Now we come home with whatever is left in the fridge... And my DW's year supply of Chef-Boy-Ardee Pizza Dough, which is not sold in Canada.

One thing to keep in mind... When returning to the US is your pet food. I can't remember all of the details but basically no lamb at all. Food packaged in USA is OK but it has to be in an unopened bag. As Canucks travelling South we just by a new bag before crossing the border and leave it sealed. Americans coming North... Again no problem because we do not have the same restrictions just be prepared to have to dump any extra food you have before the return trip.

Oh... And some booze is OK... A bottle per person or a case of beer is a safe bet... Trust me you DO NOT want to pay our Liquor prices. Up here Beer is more expensive then Gas.

Finally fill the tank before you cross... Canadian gas is currently about $1.15 a Litre... Translates to about $4.60 per Gallon.

Griswald One - Life is a Misadventure!
2015 Greyhawk 29ME / Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:57 PM   #32

We have camped in Maine for the last 20 years at Beaver Brook Campground. You are close enough to most everything. One o the countries best bass lakes, a pool and activities at night.
Beaver Brook Campground
FashaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 06:06 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrosill View Post
Jellystone at Birchwood Acres in Greenfield Park NY gets a thumbs up from my family!
I'm actually posting this from here right now. Very nice park. The park is dead right now though but I've never been to a more QUIET place. Except for my kids you can't hear squat out here.

Old 09-15-2015, 06:20 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
I'm actually posting this from here right now. Very nice park. The park is dead right now though but I've never been to a more QUIET place. Except for my kids you can't hear squat out here.

Nice!. Hope you enjoy it.

Old 11-08-2015, 04:26 PM   #35

You may want to check out Strawberry Park in Preston Connecticut. The kids will have a ball. http://www.strawberrypark.net
JohnWedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 06:24 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWedell View Post
You may want to check out Strawberry Park in Preston Connecticut. The kids will have a ball. http://www.strawberrypark.net

I have heard lots of good things about that place. I hope to go next season

Old 12-21-2015, 03:39 PM   #37

For my money, it's gotta be Lake Placid, NY.
jayco&go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 03:56 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayco&go View Post
For my money, it's gotta be Lake Placid, NY.

I ski there every year, but have never been there in camping weather. I need to go try it out.
2014 Jayco Jay Feather X23B-"Glampy"(Sold)
DW, DS, DDx2, and Bandit & Fletcher
Bikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:47 PM   #39

Bikester- I'd definitely say check it out. I did a triathlon out there and it was absolutely gorgeous. It was April or May I believe so the water was still 50 something degrees, I highly advise against swimming that early. Coolest 1/2 mile of my life, even in a wetsuit.
jayco&go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:31 PM   #40
Lost in the Woods

If you swing by my place in the North Bay Area, Ca. in exchange for some BBQ and Beer, I might be persuaded to help you with some of your repairs.
RodgerS is offline   Reply With Quote