Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-10-2021, 10:48 AM   #1

Grant village Yellowstone

We have a upcoming trip to Yellowstone and staying at grant village campground. When we made a reservation our total length was just a little under 40ft, which was the largest option they had on the website. We had to upgrade tow vehicles so overall length we are now at 45.5ft with a 21qb which is 25.5 hitch to bumper. Has anybody stayed there with similar size setup or bigger and had any issues with fitting at that campground? I’ve tried calling the company that does the online reservations but can’t get ahold of anybody.
Darenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 11:43 AM   #2

I called the local Ranger station for Moab / Arches and they were very helpful about campground conditions. You may have to park away from the RV if allowed. The Rangers don't run the campgrounds but have to police them so they are the ones who would ticket or tow. Don't forget to write down the name and date of the call, just in case.
Good luck!
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 07:52 PM   #3

Having stayed there before here is what I have seen
First not many of their sites are that long and the ones that are pull through. And can be tight. Ie for slides etc.
the other thing I saw there was they had a fair amount of double spots such as trailer site that might be 25 feet long or whatever then they have a parking spot for the vehicle right next to it.
Have no idea how it is today but I never had a problem talking with someone at reservations. As I always called as my rig end to end was about 43 feet at the time
barryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 08:27 PM   #4

Don’t have any slides so hopefully that helps. I’ll still keep trying to get ahold of them till we leave. Does anybody know if they have overflow parking lots in case we can’t fit the truck?
Darenp is offline   Reply With Quote