Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-10-2019, 12:14 PM   #21

Gas tax

I 2nd what Retired LEO says. The Gov is completely insane. He is probably going to build an Orca sanctuary, since as he stated “Our lives are inextricably linked to the Orcas” . What a nut!
viclava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 12:36 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredLEO View Post
Sorry.....but you're wrong. The 1975 partial birth abortion ban was repealed by the "Reproductive Health Act"
The Reproductive Health Act is still quite liberal on abortion.
khasay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 01:33 PM   #23

A true democratic. Killing America anyway they can.
tym2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 02:40 PM   #24

I don't like it either, but I definitely don't like driving our highways that have unbelievable potholes and with bridges that are unsafe. Years of mismanagement have put it here and now we pay!
PRae51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 04:08 PM   #25

No politics please

This isn't the place. I live in Michigan and gas in my town is more than your crying about. I have friends in Missouri and they pay taxes in other ways such as yearly personal property tax in addition to yearly license fees. We all want services and like it or not, we have to pay for them. Now, let's get back to RV issues
Usmade56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 06:22 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usmade56 View Post
...This isn't the place...We all want services and like it or not, we have to pay for them...Now, let's get back to RV issues
+1

Venting is good, healthy even.

All the above points to how badly we have been let down (or misled) by our elected officials.

Now, how 'bout that women's soccer team?

Hog3loves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 06:30 PM   #27

Hmmmmm, not that is something you never considered...a stock dyno-tune. I think if it’s off already, but getting it back to where it should be, I might have that little extra umph I am looking for!!!! Thanks for the suggestion.
TXJACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 06:58 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
It’s important to know what that tax is being used for!!!
"While government worker contributions to Illinois’ five pension systems have increased by 75 percent since 1998, taxpayer contributions have increased by 427 percent over the same period. In 2012 alone, Illinois taxpayers contributed $3.5 billion more to the pension systems than state workers did."
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:52 AM   #29

Its all a game and no matter what they call it [tax, fee, assessment] it all hits the citizens of a state and those who travel thru it. All you can really do is become informed and make choices. Choices where you travel and where you buy your services. California will never get the first $1 of my money. My wife is lobbying for a trip into the NE this fall and I am resisting for much of the same reason. She will win on this one.

The spending seems to consistently rise at all levels of government and there is no end to the new and innovative ways they find to extract more from the taxpayers. Not much you can do other than to be smart and not pay more than you need to.

Everybody has seen the tv adds for some flashlight or sunglasses. Order comes with free shipping and order now and get a 2nd unit free. JUST PAY A SEPARATE FEE. Governments are using the same bait and switch tactics. Cut this tax and double another. Limits on property taxes but raise sales tax or hotel taxes. How does a $95 motel rate end up costing you $135?
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:59 AM   #30

Yet another article to throw some gasoline on the fire:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/state...153843000.html

Yep - I'm paying almost EIGHTY cents a gallon and guess what? Our streets, bridges and roadways will still be in horrible shape when they come back asking for more, more, more...

2017 Jay Flight 32BHDS
2006 GMC 2500HD Classic CC SB 4x4 6.6L Duramax/Allison
Vasquez Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:31 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post

Everybody has seen the tv adds for some flashlight or sunglasses. Order comes with free shipping and order now and get a 2nd unit free. JUST PAY A SEPARATE FEE. Governments are using the same bait and switch tactics. Cut this tax and double another. Limits on property taxes but raise sales tax or hotel taxes. How does a $95 motel rate end up costing you $135?
Right. Vegas has it mastered. The hotels will sell a night for $35. But on checkout you find it cost you $70. Unless you used the in room bar fridge for your doggy bag. That will be another $50 to $75!
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote