Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-24-2016, 05:30 PM   #1

Help with beach front camping

I'm looking for suggestions for campgrounds on or very close to the ocean < ½ mile, basically walking distance. We love Myrtle Beach, but that is a little too far, so does anyone know of a nice ocean camping between Massachusetts and Virginia? Must be full 50a hookups.
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 07:01 PM   #2

Delaware Seashore National Park in Bethany Beach, DE. It is a 3 minute walk underneath the Rt 1 bridge over the Indian River Inlet. No trees or pool, but a nice playground, level and large sites, nice facilities. Close to Bethany, Dewey and Rehoboth beaches if you want to go into town.

The sites on the north side of the river are only 1 year old and very nice. The beach on that side is usually not crowded at all, though there is public parking (for a fee) on this side. The sites on the south side were renovated 2 years ago and are pretty nice, but not quite as big as on the north side. The beach on the south side is more crowded. There is a larger parking lot (again, for a fee) and public restrooms.

Camping at Delaware Seashore State Park, Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 07:04 PM   #3

There are some nice campgrounds on cape cod
Old 01-28-2016, 06:28 PM   #4

@spoon059 thank you I looked that one up and it seems pretty decent! I think that I will maybe take at least a long weekend!

@jloco, have you stayed at any of the CG's on the cape? I have some relatives near by there so that would be a great destination as well!
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 07:52 AM   #5

There is a new one opening this year. Massey's Landing Campground, still under construction, but due to open May. It's the original owners of the Castaways CG in OC. Trying to get in myself for a short stay to check it out this season passing through. Although you cannot walk, there are shuttles and a private inlet side beach.

Another great option if you can get in is Assateaque State park which has a great beach and wild horses. There are certain loops that have power and allow pets. Again very hard to get into much like popular NYS campgrounds. Pretty much all the ocean side CG's book well in advance of the season and you have to be very flexible for spots as they open.

To the north I have heard great things about Bailey's Resort in ME from fellow campers.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 09:16 AM   #6

Nylyon, Have you checked out Smith's Point County Park in Suffolk County on Long Island? Some sites have full hook-ups but I'm not sure about 50A, 30A for sure!

2016 Greyhawk 29MV

Wherever you go, there you are!
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote