Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-18-2017, 04:06 PM   #1

Keuka Lake State Park

Has anyone stayed at Keuka Lake State Park in New York? I'm taking my family there for Memorial Day weekend this year. Any input into things to do in the park or the good or bad things with the campground. It will be our first trip in our new camper.
mdeisenroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:05 PM   #2

I've not camped at the park, but I'm very familiar with the area. You definitely have to go to the Glen Curtiss Museum. As a kid I helped reassemble some of the exhibits when they moved to the current location. Bully Hill Winery is another great place to go...they have a tour and restaurant. Keuka Brewing company has a good tasting too.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:08 PM   #3

Great thanks. I'd love to do the winery and brewery but we will have our 9 year old so not sure if it is something he can do.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Old 03-18-2017, 06:11 PM   #4

We took our children last time we went. They had a blast...they just couldn't sample. If I remember correctly tho, Bully Hill had some grape juice for the kids to sample and the grounds are beautiful! The kids will make you visit the gift shops tho!
Old 03-18-2017, 06:13 PM   #5

Sounds great thanks for the info we will definitely look into checking that out...

Old 03-18-2017, 06:17 PM   #6

campgroundreviews.com gives it a 8.1 out of 10.
Keuka Lake State Park - Penn Yan, NY - RV Park Reviews
Old 03-18-2017, 10:31 PM   #7

Yeah thanks to these forums I looked at that site before booking. I was debating going with a state park vs private park. This was one of two state parks that had sites with electric available. The good reviews on rvparkreviews pushed me to just book there. Especially since a lot of the people commented on how big the sites were. I'm really looking forward to camping in a new area.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:54 PM   #8

We have camped at Keuka SP. It was so nice we booked 2 more weekends for this year. We stayed in the Esperanza loop. Electric service was very good and the shower house is newer. Water spigots are spaced throughout her loop. Fill up before you get into your space. One of the nicest things about the campsites was the grass. It is nicer than most people's lawns. We drove to the water and surprisingly there was very few people at the beach for Memorial Day. The flat water is great for kayaking.

PennYan is a few miles away and has all of the stores you need. South of town on Rt14 are 2 very nice Amish markets. Google Windmill.

If you are coming from the north from the Thruway go to Geneva and take 14 south. There is a lot of traffic and winding roads you trailer through Canidaugua.

Lots of wineries in the area. Abandon brewery is very good as well. Waterloo Outlets is maybe 30 minutes away.

It's a great, quiet weekend spot. Many of the people who camp on Memorial Day stay there year after year.
gmucha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:56 PM   #9

We are staying in the Esperanza loop as well. I was able to find site pictures at www.campadk.com. I am impressed at the size of the sites. We were lucky enough to get a site that has water very close. I can't wait to explore the area and park.

Old 03-27-2017, 07:11 PM   #10

The loop was full last Memorial Day. Most people arrive Thursday after work. See you there.!
gmucha is offline   Reply With Quote