Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-16-2017, 03:32 PM   #1

Liberty Harbor RV Park

What can anyone tell me about this RV park?

What other rv parks are close to nyc?
kneeslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 04:00 PM   #2

I've never been there but check out YouTube There are a lot of video reviews.
hbravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 05:45 PM   #3

It is a gravel parking lot with hookups. This isn't a campground where you come to enjoy the site, have a campfire, lounge outside your camper. This is literally a gravel lot. We like it, as we go there specifically to visit NYC and eat a lot of PIZZA!

It is at Liberty Harbor Marina, about a 7 minute walk to a PATH train that takes you to lower Manhattan. There is a ferry that leaves from the marina and takes you across the Hudson to Wall Street area. Its short drive to the Holland Tunnel, which takes you to Manhattan.

Close to restaurants and grocery stores in Jersey City, easy to get to NYC. This is the closest campground to NYC by far. Its expensive, around $90 a night, but far cheaper than a hotel in/around the city and far closer than your next closest campground.

We'd go again, in fact I'm trying to talk the bride into another trip there this fall.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 03:50 PM   #4

We dry camped there for a couple nights a few years ago. Tucked right in between 2 sailboats that had seen better days. It, like as been said, is a gravel lot and is within sight of the Statue of Liberty. Location, location, location.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:45 PM   #5

We stayed there a couple of years ago, as the others have said, a parking lot, but location, location, location. We would definitely do it again. As spoon059 said, the PATH station is about a 5 block walk away. PATH is the New Jersey subway that you take into NYC. We had our kids, 10 and 14 at the time, with us and never had any problems feeling safe. There was a lot of construction in the area and you are driving thru lots of urban area, be prepared for that. If I remember correctly, you drive almost right up to the Lincoln tunnel, that RV's are not allowed in, and then make a right turn at the last minute. I do remember that it caused a little stress between the wife and I.
oh355mbqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 03:08 PM   #6

We stayed at Liberty RV Park Oct 2017. It's not a place for campfires, this is a nice parking area near the marina. Like others have posted it's very convenient to Public Transportation (PATH) and Ferry (Mon-Fri). As oh355mbqs stated it was a little stressful getting to, but well worth the convince of visiting NYC.