Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
glsimms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 1,325
Mickey Mouse Here We Come....

Well the kiddos are on spring break next week and the DW, me, my son, daughter-in-law, and our grandson are leaving tomorrow for Disney World. And not too soon either, as the weatherman is calling for snow on Sunday (darn groundhog)!!

But I'm embarassed to say we are leaving our TT behind and instead rented one of Disney's wilderness homes. However, my daughter and her husband are towing their TT down and will meet us there. All total, there will be 10 people in our group. We already know it's gonna be crowded since this is Easter week, but I know we will manage to have a good time.

You All Have A Happy Easter Too!!! :mickey:
__________________

__________________
2017 Some Other Brand (SOB)
2013 Jayco Jay Feather X23B (She Gone)
2014 Ford Expedition
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
 
Doug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 4,761
It will still be a good time.
Not looking forward to another round of snow here either.
My TT comes out of storage April 1 regardless. I hope the weather breaks though.
I need as couple weeks and a pre-flight run before the season.


Safe travels,
Doug
__________________

__________________

Southwest, Ohio
2016 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2017 Jayco 24RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:24 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
CruizinKim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southwest OH
Posts: 786
Have a wonderful time! I know a few, including my 16 yo son, that are going to Disney over spring break. He is competing and performing with his school choir as are many other schools. We have decided to make a shorter trip to Gatlinburg with the TT while he enjoys a bit of freedom sans parents at Disney!
__________________
Kim
2012 Jayflight 32bhds
CruizinKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:53 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
glsimms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 1,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruizinKim View Post
Have a wonderful time! I know a few, including my 16 yo son, that are going to Disney over spring break. He is competing and performing with his school choir as are many other schools. We have decided to make a shorter trip to Gatlinburg with the TT while he enjoys a bit of freedom sans parents at Disney!
I'll be sure and keep an eye out for him!!! :hihi:
__________________
2017 Some Other Brand (SOB)
2013 Jayco Jay Feather X23B (She Gone)
2014 Ford Expedition
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Where ever the boss says we're going.
Posts: 5,037
You will have a great time in the cabins as well. Did they book a premium site? If they did see if you can get your cabin in the 2100 loop and their TT in the 1100 loop when you check in. Those loops are back to back.
__________________
DISNEY LOVERS
PINNACLE 2015 38FLSA. aka: "Roam Sweet Home"
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC
Posts: 1,261
Nice! We'll be taking the TT down to Ft Wilderness this summer of our Disney trip. Heading out to Jelly Stone this weekend for our kick off the season trip.
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
glsimms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 1,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
You will have a great time in the cabins as well. Did they book a premium site? If they did see if you can get your cabin in the 2100 loop and their TT in the 1100 loop when you check in. Those loops are back to back.
Hey Grumpy..... We tried doing this earlier last year when we made reservations, but no luck on the premium sites, they were already booked! My daughter was disappointed, but the site they ended up with was the on the canal, (1600 loop) and it wasn't too bad although it was a tight fit for them. And as you suggested, my wife already had those loops in mind, so the kids and grandkids could go back and forth between cabin and camper.

But man was it crowded!!! Easter week and spring break and I think every marching band in the country was there (although I didn't see Kims' son)! The nicest day of the week was our last full day at DW, Friday. But all in all we still managed to have a good time in spite of the cool weather.
__________________
2017 Some Other Brand (SOB)
2013 Jayco Jay Feather X23B (She Gone)
2014 Ford Expedition
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:42 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
CruizinKim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southwest OH
Posts: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
But man was it crowded!!! Easter week and spring break and I think every marching band in the country was there (although I didn't see Kims' son)! The nicest day of the week was our last full day at DW, Friday. But all in all we still managed to have a good time in spite of the cool weather.
Big G, My son isn't leaving until Tuesday! Lol! He thought it was funny that you mentioned him. I'm sure it will be crowded for him also.
__________________
Kim
2012 Jayflight 32bhds
CruizinKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:07 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Where ever the boss says we're going.
Posts: 5,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
Hey Grumpy..... We tried doing this earlier last year when we made reservations, but no luck on the premium sites, they were already booked! My daughter was disappointed, but the site they ended up with was the on the canal, (1600 loop) and it wasn't too bad although it was a tight fit for them. And as you suggested, my wife already had those loops in mind, so the kids and grandkids could go back and forth between cabin and camper
That's why we always use a Travel Agent to book, one that does a lot of Disney. No extra charge and they can work wonders.
__________________
DISNEY LOVERS
PINNACLE 2015 38FLSA. aka: "Roam Sweet Home"
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
CruizinKim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southwest OH
Posts: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
That's why we always use a Travel Agent to book, one that does a lot of Disney. No extra charge and they can work wonders.
Thanks Grumpy! I was a Travel Agent for 11 years and was a Disney expert. I found it a welcome challenge when my corporate clients specifically wanted me to book their vacations.
__________________

__________________
Kim
2012 Jayflight 32bhds
CruizinKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.