Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #1

Mickey Mouse Here We Come....

Well the kiddos are on spring break next week and the DW, me, my son, daughter-in-law, and our grandson are leaving tomorrow for Disney World. And not too soon either, as the weatherman is calling for snow on Sunday (darn groundhog)!!

But I'm embarassed to say we are leaving our TT behind and instead rented one of Disney's wilderness homes. However, my daughter and her husband are towing their TT down and will meet us there. All total, there will be 10 people in our group. We already know it's gonna be crowded since this is Easter week, but I know we will manage to have a good time.

You All Have A Happy Easter Too!!! :mickey:
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

It will still be a good time.
Not looking forward to another round of snow here either.
My TT comes out of storage April 1 regardless. I hope the weather breaks though.
I need as couple weeks and a pre-flight run before the season.

Safe travels,
Doug

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:24 PM   #3

Have a wonderful time! I know a few, including my 16 yo son, that are going to Disney over spring break. He is competing and performing with his school choir as are many other schools. We have decided to make a shorter trip to Gatlinburg with the TT while he enjoys a bit of freedom sans parents at Disney!
Old 03-23-2013, 06:53 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruizinKim View Post
Have a wonderful time! I know a few, including my 16 yo son, that are going to Disney over spring break. He is competing and performing with his school choir as are many other schools. We have decided to make a shorter trip to Gatlinburg with the TT while he enjoys a bit of freedom sans parents at Disney!
I'll be sure and keep an eye out for him!!! :hihi:
Gerard
Old 03-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #5

You will have a great time in the cabins as well. Did they book a premium site? If they did see if you can get your cabin in the 2100 loop and their TT in the 1100 loop when you check in. Those loops are back to back.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:29 PM   #6

Nice! We'll be taking the TT down to Ft Wilderness this summer of our Disney trip. Heading out to Jelly Stone this weekend for our kick off the season trip.
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
You will have a great time in the cabins as well. Did they book a premium site? If they did see if you can get your cabin in the 2100 loop and their TT in the 1100 loop when you check in. Those loops are back to back.
Hey Grumpy..... We tried doing this earlier last year when we made reservations, but no luck on the premium sites, they were already booked! My daughter was disappointed, but the site they ended up with was the on the canal, (1600 loop) and it wasn't too bad although it was a tight fit for them. And as you suggested, my wife already had those loops in mind, so the kids and grandkids could go back and forth between cabin and camper.

But man was it crowded!!! Easter week and spring break and I think every marching band in the country was there (although I didn't see Kims' son)! The nicest day of the week was our last full day at DW, Friday. But all in all we still managed to have a good time in spite of the cool weather.
Gerard
Old 03-31-2013, 02:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
But man was it crowded!!! Easter week and spring break and I think every marching band in the country was there (although I didn't see Kims' son)! The nicest day of the week was our last full day at DW, Friday. But all in all we still managed to have a good time in spite of the cool weather.
Big G, My son isn't leaving until Tuesday! Lol! He thought it was funny that you mentioned him. I'm sure it will be crowded for him also.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
Hey Grumpy..... We tried doing this earlier last year when we made reservations, but no luck on the premium sites, they were already booked! My daughter was disappointed, but the site they ended up with was the on the canal, (1600 loop) and it wasn't too bad although it was a tight fit for them. And as you suggested, my wife already had those loops in mind, so the kids and grandkids could go back and forth between cabin and camper
That's why we always use a Travel Agent to book, one that does a lot of Disney. No extra charge and they can work wonders.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
That's why we always use a Travel Agent to book, one that does a lot of Disney. No extra charge and they can work wonders.
Thanks Grumpy! I was a Travel Agent for 11 years and was a Disney expert. I found it a welcome challenge when my corporate clients specifically wanted me to book their vacations.