Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-15-2017, 04:19 PM   #1

My First Trip Ever

It was our very first trip with the 5th Wheel...I was so anxious and nervous that when Beth asked if I want some breakfast before leaving I got nauseous.
I chose the closest location to the home ( just to be safe) for the first trip - Lake McSwain. Of course I did not told the real reason to my girlfriend or our friends. I simply made some argument and excuse that did not made any sense, but did not compromise my "man card"...After all I simply wanted to test the hitch rail (that I installed night before) and the trailer itself 9that I bought like 3 days before).

Trailer was stocked with food, ice and liquor the night before, so all I had to do was a quick inspection to make sure all the parts and systems fit were good to go. Sure enough I found one of the tires to be at 25psi. I realized that I did not have air compressor and the list of "things that I need" started without leaving the driveway. We limped to the gas station, got some air and hit the open road.

Got to the campgrounds without any further issues. The truck pulled the trailer and our butts without skipping a gear...it felt that we have nothing behind us. The trailer stayed steady and followed the truck like our dogs follow Beth at home...

An hour later we pulled in to the campgrounds. Found our campsite and started our back in process... No joke, there was like 3-4 spectators who followed every step of our uncoordinated back in process...we landed with the precision in the first try... I could see some of the spectators nodding their heads in approval and others had a disappointment looks. No arguing couples and commotion tonight...

Once we set up a camp and cocktails were served I decided to set up a canopy...and oh boy did I struggled with this thing... It took me like 20 min to get this thing up (that's what she said)

Later while talking with the neighbors at the campfire they told me that when I showed up they thought I have been around the block for a while...I parked, leveled like a pro, but when I started to rustle with that canopy it was clear we were newbies... But they are nice people and showed me how properly set out and put up the canopy...

Going to work on some pictures now to share with you guys...meanwhile check out my site if you like:

www.TheIronWolf.net
TheIronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 05:31 PM   #2

Congrats and enjoy that Eagle!
"Gonna buy a home on wheels see
how it feels going mobile"
mothernaturesson is offline   Reply With Quote