Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-17-2015, 08:08 AM   #21

Just tried to book more time at Ocean Lakes, they only have small spots left and all spots are interior roads which are really difficult for long trailers to navigate. Disappointed we can't get in through the remainder of the summer.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:17 AM   #22

Two weekends ago we were at Myrtle Beach State Park. It was our first stay there and we really enjoyed it. Large lots with plenty of shade. Probably a very different experience than the commercial RV resort type places.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:24 PM   #23

We really enjoyed the KOA. Ocean Lakes and Pirateland were booked. Be cautious of the beach area in the vicinity at night. Local PD stopped us in the pull vehicle driving nearby on way back at 10pm to give me some advice to not drive around the area after 9 for our safety. Given the cast of characters we saw, I'd agree.
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 02:07 PM   #24

Myrtle Beach Travel Park

We just booked our fourth trip to the Myrtle Beach Travel Park. We love this location. We always take an a spot in the middle of the park between the ocean and the pool and try to be within three or four sites of the bath house. One of our main reasons for sticking with this park... It does not have the Faith based rules that some of the others do, this is a minor issue but really I don't need some Nanny telling me I can't enjoy a cold beer on a hot summers day.

For us the secret is timing. Canadian kids don't start school until the Tuesday after Labour Day. The Myrtle Beach kids are already back in school in the last two weeks of summer. Those two weeks are often "Low Season" pricing and the park is 20% of capacity at best. And for our fellow Canucks, the road trip home always goes through Pennsylvania for back to school Outlet shopping. Great prices and NO tax on clothes. We find Lancaster PA to be the best spot. It is halfway back for us and does not have the tourist base that Grove City does so the deals are even better.

Griswald One - Life is a Misadventure!
2015 Greyhawk 29ME / Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 05:33 PM   #25

Myrtle beach campground

Myrtle Beach Travel Park Campground
yardvarkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 06:26 PM   #26

My vote for Ocean Lakes. We love that place. Great for kids. And this fall they'll be expanding the pool area. Yes, it can be crowded, especially during holidays, but still lots of fun. The big thing for us was to be yards from the beach.
Sleehrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:26 AM   #27

Can anyone share any information on the outdoor pool season in any the CG's listed? I see that most if not all have an indoor option, I am just curious if we head down during spring break if the outdoor pools are open yet. Still a cooler time of year, but like to know what the options are. We'll be looking to get warmer, but don't want to go all the way to FL for the week. Crowded for SB like summer?

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:29 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardvarkers View Post
Spring
(March-May)

Help us welcome the warmer weather by participating in a variety of events. Activitis include, but are not limited to:

Game Days Bocce Ball Cinco de Mayo Events
Morning Walks Coffee & News Ice Cream Social
Earth Day Events St. Patrick's Party Aqua Fitness Classes
Easter Events: Egg Hunts, Egg Dying, Crafts, Games, Pool Party...
Mother's Day Weekend: Including Muffins for moms & so much more!
Memorial Day Weekend: Our kick-off to summer with games, crafts, pool party and more fun!
yardvarkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 03:09 PM   #29

Spring Break Pool Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3'senough View Post
Can anyone share any information on the outdoor pool season in any the CG's listed? I see that most if not all have an indoor option, I am just curious if we head down during spring break if the outdoor pools are open yet. Still a cooler time of year, but like to know what the options are. We'll be looking to get warmer, but don't want to go all the way to FL for the week. Crowded for SB like summer?
Hey 3's... We are staying at Myrtle Beach Travel Park this week. I asked them about the pool and they advise that generally they open the outdoor facilities one week before Easter... So this year it was open for March Break but most years it would not be. Not sure if that is standard across the other CG's.

Old 09-01-2015, 05:32 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griswald One View Post
Hey 3's... We are staying at Myrtle Beach Travel Park this week. I asked them about the pool and they advise that generally they open the outdoor facilities one week before Easter... So this year it was open for March Break but most years it would not be. Not sure if that is standard across the other CG's.
Thanks. Got an e-mail from Ocean Lakes today saying it's weather dependant, but for the most part open and swim if you like. My kids won't care, but I might sit on the sidelines and "supervise" if we do it.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:31 PM   #31

If the literature down here is accurate... March air temperatures are low of 40 and high of 66... You have some very hardy kids if they can ignore those temps