Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-13-2020, 12:01 PM   #1

Myrtle Beach State Park

Hey Gang,

DW and I are formulating a backup plan to our Disney trip scheduled 11/1 this year.

Has anybody ever stayed at the Myrtle Beach State Park? Seems like it would be a good fit for us. We want to be close to where everything is, but the parking lot type arrangements of Lakewood and Ocean Lakes doesn’t really do it for us.

They show having water, electric, and sewer - and the rates are dirt cheap for that time of year.

Am I missing anything? Seems like it would be quieter, walking distance to the beach, more nature like, but right the middle of everything. I do see the airport right next to it - but I’m wondering if its a busy one with large aircraft or if its smaller / less busy.

Thanks !

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 12:04 PM   #2

We have stayed there many many times like 30 or so. We like it that much. It is right on the ocean but shaded sites. Almost right down town. You can hear the airplanes as the airport is close. Hope this helps.
Corgidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 12:05 PM   #3

What kind of airplanes? 747 jets or are we talking little propeller type planes?

Old 05-13-2020, 12:14 PM   #4

Jets but I think they only get a few flights a day in to the airport and close around 9-10pm reopen in the morning about 7-8am. Most of the time we don't even notice the jets. The path for the jets goes over the state park (ocean) far side of the beach towards down town. Most sites are big some are secluded.
Corgidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 02:35 PM   #5

Yep, the park is just South of the airport, but don't let that stop you.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot 2020-05-13 at 16.33.39.jpg  
Old 05-13-2020, 02:37 PM   #6

I was asking b/c not all airports are the same. Our favorite campground is Castaways in OC, MD. Its also right next to an airport, but the planes there are smaller prop type plans so its not a bother.