Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-14-2014, 08:45 PM   #11

Sure. I'm at X67. I like that location. I've had that spot for the season for several years. One of my buddies is right next door to me, and I've got more friends across the road. I try to arrive around noon on Wednesday. I take all afternoon on Wednesday to set up, and then I relax on Thursday. My wife can't get as many days off as me, so she usually arrives Thursday evening or Friday afternoon.

We always buy cheap seats for the Sunday race. I can usually come up with free or very cheap seats for the truck and Nationwide races. I won a pair of truck tickets from Winstar in a drawing a couple of weeks ago, so I've already got that covered. I don't have any Nationwide tickets yet for this time, but I've got a couple of friends usually hook me up with some free tickets from O'Reilly's.

etex211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 05:23 PM   #12

Sounds good...we are in AA9. I have season tickets to the races so got all of that covered just end up finding a camping spot each year.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:35 PM   #13

Ok....countdown is on and so excited. One more ? For all you Nascar vets....do we need to rent a scanner for the race. We are sitting on the frontstretch but still unsure if this is necessary.
Also we will be in the Lonestar circle on AA street
Milin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 04:49 PM   #14

Yes on scanner.. I buy
on eBay when I go then resale. Cheapest way to go.
Ustabslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 06:30 PM   #15

I've got a pager sized Raceceiver and ear buds that I use. I just put it on PRN (channel 0) and leave it there.

What you get on the PRN channel is their network feed. They are pretty funny during their commercial breaks. The biggest benefit of listening to PRN during the race is that you will get explanations any time somebody pits early, has a problem, etc.

A Raceceiver like this can be bought for about a hundred bucks. It can be bought from any place that sells race car parts. These are used by drivers at short tracks all over the country to get directions from the scorer's tower for restart lineups, etc.

Here is a link to the Raceceiver at Day Motorsports in Tyler:

http://www.daymotorsports.com/proddi...s+all+over+the
etex211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 07:05 PM   #16

Been going to races for years and never used the scanners...guess they are worth it but just never used them.

They announce the race but you cant hear anything when the green flag is out...typically I use my cell phone and use the NASCAR Mobile app to listento different team radios.

AA street huh...we are neighbors! You still heading up on Wednesday?
Old 10-22-2014, 07:02 AM   #17

We will be there, row N of the Lone Star circle for us. We upgraded from regular scanners to the ones with the intercom and would do it again in a heart beat.

Aside from knowing what is going on in the race and listening to your favorite driver, depending on where you are sitting you are going to need eye and ear protection anyway.
mdpolakow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:33 PM   #18

We are a couple days from heading out...going to get the TT from storage tomorrow to cool the fridge and start packing. We leave Thursday morning...should pull in around 2 or 3 in the afternoon. Looks like awesome weather for the weekend.

Who is ready for some racing and camping?
Old 10-27-2014, 07:43 PM   #19

Have a safe trip....we will be there by Thursday morning....to excited, did all the shopping today! We're ready!
Milin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 04:11 PM   #20

For the uninitiated, attending a Nascar race and camping out is NOT outrageously expensive. More than staying at home? Sure but so is sleeping thru the weekend or knitting a sweater. Race tickets are on par [pun intended] with a round of golf at a nice course. Camping can get a bit salty but there are better prices a few miles from the tracks. Attending a race is less expensive than taking your family to an NFL game and eating / playing the night before the game.

Of course if you're not a racing fan, its a waste at any price. So is anything else if you're not a fan. There are a bunch of people that think we're nuts for buying an RV and "camping".

Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote