Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-31-2016, 06:23 PM   #1

Nashville in July, nice campgrounds?

Hi all, could use some advice on a nice camp ground around Nashville next summer. We normally stay in state parks but we plan to stay for a week and the holding tanks aren't that big, so I guess I'll need somewhere with full hookups. But it's just the 2 of us going so we don't need big playgrounds or camp activities but we do want some privacy, quiet, and room to stretch in. We are not into subdivision campgrounds so does anyone know of a nice compromise place, room and privacy, but with hookups? I know, but I can dream can't I? We found one just like this out in Custer SD last year so will lightening strike twice? Thanks everyone.
Old 12-31-2016, 06:43 PM   #2

We've camped several times at Montgomery Bell SP south of Nashville and it does have sewer.
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 08:35 PM   #3

Bump. And we could still use some suggestions. The state parks look nice but far away and the closer in parks are subdivision sites all on top of each other.
secal48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:00 PM   #4

Outside of the campgrounds near Opryland Hotel, your best options are Montgomery SP and Cedars of Lebanon east of Nashville.

There is also a KOA located off I-40 between Mt Juliet and Lebanon. And you can also check into Nashville Shores if you haven't already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Travelwithkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 10:38 AM   #5

We have reservations at Cedars of Lebanon SP for August to view the solar eclipse. They have only water and electric. Brother/Sister-in-law camped there last summer and liked it.
BonnieL is offline   Reply With Quote