Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-22-2016, 07:59 PM   #1

Need Help on Broken Bow, OK Campgrounds

Does anybody have any suggestions for the absolute best possible campground (RV Sites) around / near Broken Bow, OK and the lake? I'm seeking opinions from people that have actually camped at places in an RV. Any help is appreciated.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 08:51 PM   #2

These links will help you!

RV Parks Near Broken Bow, OK, United States

Search results for "Broken Bow" - RV Park Reviews

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 03:57 AM   #3

Big John

We were in Broken Bow in September and checked out the state parks and we were less then impressed with them.

We ended up about 25 miles west of Broken Bow at Little River COE that was pretty good.

I think it is closed until February now but not sure.
Blue Ox Sway Pro
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
TxTwoSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 11:12 PM   #4

Mixed feelings about the state park. Only one area is reservable. About half of those sites are really great. The others are terrible. Small, and right on top of each other.

It's a luck of the draw place. Being 3-4 hours away for us, I like better assurances.
Jace817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 09:04 AM   #5

The Wife and I are originally from the Broken Bow area. Growing up, both spent many days enjoying Beaver’s Bend State Park, however never camped there. We have been away from there for over 30 years except to return to visit relatives. On one return trip, we checked out the camping facilities available and concluded we did not wish to camp in the Beaver’s Bend area as the sites appeared crowded and dirty. Two summers ago, we pulled the RV with us for a visit and elected to camp in the camping area along the “Stevens Gap” road. It was a full hookup site level concrete slab. Camp host was very friendly and helpful. All in all, it was a pleasant experience. Spent a week. I would recommend that camping area. While there, say “Hi” to the relatives!!!!

Shorty
Shorty Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 10:25 AM   #6

I go fly fishing there several times each year. I like being down on the river but I actually prefer the Armadillo Campground that's neither on the river or the lake. It's part of the State Park system, and is the one mentioned by Shorty Cox. Some of the sites are full hook-up and it's very quiet there. I've stayed in 2 of the privately owned RV parks there and really can't recommend either... the State Park really is nicer and most of all, quieter. To qualify all of this, I don't go there at all in warm weather anymore. Been there... done that... never again. Every time I go the park is uncrowded and quiet.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:27 PM   #7

We ended up going to San Antonio, TX. Kept following the weather forcasts and picked a spot where we would only hit minimal low temps. We did have a good time. Originally we were going to go up to Eureaka Springs, but glad we didn't due to the single digit temps. Broken Bow is still an option for later, but didn't work out this time. We have camped in very low temps, but we look at it from a different point. I want the kids to be able to go outside and play without freezing to death. That was the deciding factor this go around.

Thanks to all for the replies.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote