Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-07-2020, 03:15 PM   #1

Need pet-friendly lodging in FT Worth

Hey Gang.

In late May, early June we have to drop off our Pinnacle in the Ft. Worth, TX area for ten days/ two weeks weeks of warranty-related structural work. We are FT live-aboards with four dogs and four cats (dogs are about the size of cats), so we need lodging.

We can do the pet-friendly hotel route but that is complicated with room cleaning service and is expensive. Air BnB is there but multiple pets is tough. We were thinking of and RV park that has cabins for rent, since they may be more pet friendly and sympathetic to our needs.

The cats are the biggest challenge, we feel. Dogs can be walked but cats can't be herded. So we would consider boarding the cats at a reputable place if needed. We can afford what we have to but don't want to spend what we don't need to if someone has some ideas.

Any ideas? We just don't know the area. We have heard of TX and we know it's big and that we can get good steaks. We can do the search engines but if anyone has local knowledge, that would be great.

Thanks all and happy new year.

Angus and Joan Campbell
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 06:50 AM   #2

Ft.Worth is a big place. Where are you having rv repaired at ? Our Son lives in Benbrook , a suburb on the SW side and will ask him if he knows of a place. We camp at the CoE camp on Lake Benbrook if staying up there for a few days.
That many pets ,boarding them may be only option you have. That wouldn't be my first choice either.
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 09:35 AM   #3

We are leaving the rig at Vogt RV on Airport Freeway in the Northeast of town towards Richland Hill.

Thanks for asking. My experience with the area is limited to DFW, business conference centers and the occasional restaurant- all over 20 years ago.

We don't mind traveling as it appears we will have time on our hands and won't need to visit the patient in the ICU every day. The rig will be in for Crack rehab. So we are taking the glass-half-full approach and making it a family adventure.
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 09:46 PM   #4

I lived and worked in FTW for 20 year. Sorry I can’t help out with accommodations but please go visit the botanical gardens off of University just west of DT. They are beautiful and I proposed to my precious wife just this past thanksgiving in the Japanese gardens there. Take in the stock yards around NE 28th street and don’t miss the opportunity to visit our most prized possession.. Sundance square. Snack on some fabulous food at Del Frisco’s and take in west 7th streets’ revival. Lucille’s off of Camp Bowie is a lesser known gem, as is ole south pancake house.

I so hope you find enjoyment in a town that is definitely not Dallas
1 crazy chocolate Lab
1 stinky Basset hound
ATX512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 07:30 AM   #5

You covered all of Fort Worth’s finer points right there. It’s a great city. I prefer it to that city on the other side of DFW airport.

The pet thing will be complex for sure. At least it’s only temporary. Wish I could offer you some great solution, but it’s seems boarding some or all is your best bet. Not a great option and pretty costly.

Hopefully Vogt will get you in and out quickly. They have limited space to park units, so they’re motivated to move people through.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 08:42 AM   #6

Well, if Vogt has promised two weeks, I would be impressed. We have not been able to get warranty work done there twice in the past year since they typically give us 6-8 weeks just to drop off our Greyhawk, not counting whatever time they need for repairs.

Luckily, Jayco has approved warranty repairs at a different vendor, paid in advance and then they reimburse.

As far as camping goes, have you checked VRBO.com for homes? Some likely allow pets. And there is Glampinghub.com for cabin rentals. What about a long term stay hotel?
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
--
Click_here is offline   Reply With Quote