Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Boubou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 626
outerbanks OBX North Carolina

Going to the outerbanks North Carolina last 2 weeks of April.
We are debating between the KOA and Camp Hatteras.
Camp Hatteras come highly recommended but wondered about the koa since it went through a major upgrade since hurricane irene.
also, what is the average temperature the last week of april down there?
__________________

__________________
2013 Jayco Eagle HT 23.5
2010 Ram QC 1500 Hemi
Sheltie, Chihuahua and Terrier/Chihuahua rescue
http://3dogsandacamper.tumblr.com
Boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Kave&Lucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Clinton, NC
Posts: 322
Sorry boubou can't help you with the April temp question, but I'll tell you we stayed at Camp Hatteras last Oct and thoroughly enjoyed it. We stayed on the ocean side of HWY 12 but because CH is on bothe ocean and sound of HWY we walked over and saw some beautiful sunsets there and beautiful sunrises at our campsite. Don't think you can go wrong with either. One suggestion, if time permits take te ferry over to Ocracoke beautiful Island. While there I recommend Howard's Pub! Great Food, Atmosphere and cold delicious beverages if you choose to partake!

Tell'em Kave sent ya!
__________________

__________________
Kettrell & Sharon
Greyhawk 31DS
Kave&Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Jagiven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,112
To check the temperatures, go to www.weather.com. Type in the location you want and then look at the left hand column for “Monthly” forecast.
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Boubou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 626
outerbanks OBX North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kave&Lucky View Post
Sorry boubou can't help you with the April temp question, but I'll tell you we stayed at Camp Hatteras last Oct and thoroughly enjoyed it. We stayed on the ocean side of HWY 12 but because CH is on bothe ocean and sound of HWY we walked over and saw some beautiful sunsets there and beautiful sunrises at our campsite. Don't think you can go wrong with either. One suggestion, if time permits take te ferry over to Ocracoke beautiful Island. While there I recommend Howard's Pub! Great Food, Atmosphere and cold delicious beverages if you choose to partake!

Tell'em Kave sent ya!
Thanks!!! We will reserve for the ocean side (Are dogs allowed on the beach?) and we are staying 8 nights so we'll make sure to go to Howard's Pub

Brigitte
__________________
2013 Jayco Eagle HT 23.5
2010 Ram QC 1500 Hemi
Sheltie, Chihuahua and Terrier/Chihuahua rescue
http://3dogsandacamper.tumblr.com
Boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:47 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Kave&Lucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Clinton, NC
Posts: 322
not sure if dogs are allowed on the beach but would bet so. if you have a 4x4 b sure to check and see if driving ob the beach is permitted during your stay. heres a link that might be helpful. http://www.outerbanks.org/outerbanks...-on-the-beach/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boubou View Post
Thanks!!! We will reserve for the ocean side (Are dogs allowed on the beach?) and we are staying 8 nights so we'll make sure to go to Howard's Pub

Brigitte
__________________
Kettrell & Sharon
Greyhawk 31DS
Kave&Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 8
I stayed at the Cape Hatteras KOA with a dog rescue group in Sept 2012. *LOTS* of dogs on the beach. I believe that dogs are supposed to be leashed.
waterlover63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:02 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Seann45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Saskatoon Sask Canada
Posts: 9,701
STAY AWAY FROM THE KOA AT WILMINGTON... it is a dump...
__________________
Seann
2004 Chev Silverado Duramax optioned past the max. 2009 Jayco Eagle 308 RLS 765 watts of solar, 6-6 volt batteries (696 amp hour), 2000 watt (4000 surge) whole house inverter.
175 days boondocking in 2017
215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:01 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Boubou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kave&Lucky View Post
not sure if dogs are allowed on the beach but would bet so. if you have a 4x4 b sure to check and see if driving ob the beach is permitted during your stay. heres a link that might be helpful. http://www.outerbanks.org/outerbanks...-on-the-beach/
So cool!!!! we'll do this for sure. Saved the link
__________________
2013 Jayco Eagle HT 23.5
2010 Ram QC 1500 Hemi
Sheltie, Chihuahua and Terrier/Chihuahua rescue
http://3dogsandacamper.tumblr.com
Boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Boubou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seann45 View Post
STAY AWAY FROM THE KOA AT WILMINGTON... it is a dump...

I was thorned, I usually like KOA's and saw this one had a "make over" because of the last Hurricane that went through but so many people told me to go to Camp Hatteras, I listened to their recommendations.
I will check it out on a bike ride tho
__________________
2013 Jayco Eagle HT 23.5
2010 Ram QC 1500 Hemi
Sheltie, Chihuahua and Terrier/Chihuahua rescue
http://3dogsandacamper.tumblr.com
Boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:08 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Boubou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
To check the temperatures, go to www.weather.com. Type in the location you want and then look at the left hand column for “Monthly” forecast.
So I will be expecting temperatures around the low 70's. I hope!!
I know if I want hot, I should go later but anxious to get the season started and our friends are also renting a cottage down the road.
__________________

__________________
2013 Jayco Eagle HT 23.5
2010 Ram QC 1500 Hemi
Sheltie, Chihuahua and Terrier/Chihuahua rescue
http://3dogsandacamper.tumblr.com
Boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.