Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-30-2014, 07:20 PM   #1

Patrick's Point CA Questions

We have a site booked at Patrick's Point on the Abalone loop for June. We booked the site before we bought our Whitehawk 28DSBH and now I am concerned that we won't be able to get into the site. I called the camp ground and gave them the dimension of our WH and they said it should be fine. They said the site has a 40' driveway. What I am concerned about though is how tight it will be to get the trailer backed in.

Anybody been to Patrick's Point and have any idea on how tight the spaces are?
Old 05-30-2014, 08:08 PM   #2

You have already done what the majority folks don't do when they have a question about a CG -- you called the CG. They said no problem, there is a 40' driveway, seems you should take there word for it.

Now will it be a tight spot to back into, most likely. Nearly all CA State Parks have very narrow roads in the CG that don't have a tremendous amount of room to maneuver. So when you get there stop, get out, and take a close look before attempting to place the TT. Make a plan, have a spotter and take it slow -- you will get it.

I looked at some Photo's of the CG and the map, it doesn't look like something I would be overt concerned, especially if I have assurance of the rangers after a phone call.

Backing you TT takes practice to develop confidence. Maybe hitch up and head to a open lot to practice. I did it in a church parking lot on a Saturday afternoon a couple years ago, really helped.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:57 PM   #3

Thanks we will definitely take it slow. I was looking at some photos and maps as well and it was hard to tell. Sounds like you have experience with the CA state parks. I have never been to them. My wife used to go to Patrick's Point every summer when she was younger but they tent camped and can't remember how big the space is.