Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #1

Pedernales Falls State Park

Down near Austin, TX. If you are ever in that area this Park is Awesome!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344809052.872781.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	4896

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344809081.148032.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	4897

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344809107.493804.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	4898

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344809139.026694.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	4899
TripleJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #2

Thanks for the tip, Joe

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #3

thanks for the tip...its on my list. Could you discribe the RV pad sites? Good room? Full hookups or just E and W?
CakeHenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #4

RV sites are generally close together, but seperated by brush and trees. Some of the spots are down right unlevel, others are better. We went on Labor day and had a tough time making online reservations as they were "sold out". However, upon arrival, there were tons of no-shows. Paid but never showed up. I guess this is a common thing and the park ranger accomodated us. Found a nice spot to cram the 31FS into and used all the wood I had getting the nose up to near level.

It was scortching hot, and the area in general was dry and in need of rain. Which means water activities were reduced due to flows being low. Kids still had a blast.

The key points of interest in this park are spread out. Look at the online maps and plan accordingly. The large falls are almost 2 miles from the RV campsites. The birding area is half way in between those. I can't tell you about the other river access area, as I did not know if my RV would make it under some trees at one point in the road and I did not want to get in a bind. Check out the Satellite images.

I love this park and the area. Nice hiking areas, some a challenge. Walking down to the river from the RV spots is a breeze. Climbing back up a little harder!
Very well worth the trip.
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #5

Very true TX_Arvee.. Our site was fairly level side to side but I had to lower the trailer tongue quite a bit because of the front to back slope. All sites are W/E only. We really enjoyed this park. The kids got a kick out of seeing the deer come through the site every evening. Like Arvee said, be prepared to walk a lot. The swim area is a hike down to the river, so if you take a cooler make sure it has wheels and you can lift it up some stairs. It's a small river beach area, but if you hike up or down the river you can find an area with very few people. The bird blind was really quite cool! While you may have to deal with a leveling issue or two, this state park is a must see! The town of Marble Falls is close by if you need shopping and restaurants as well. I'd also recommend visiting Longhorn Caverns State Park while you're down there. No camping there, but worth a day trip while staying at Pedernales.
TripleJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:34 AM   #6

Thanks for the reccomendation! My sister lives in Round Rock and we were considering taking the TT to a close CG to visit some time.
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote