Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-24-2021, 07:40 AM   #1

Port Aransas Texas

Pioneer RV Resort! We pulled our 330rsts to Port Aransas to a campground called Pioneer RV Resort! It is as good as any we have ever stayed at! Easy access and easy beach access! Concrete pads and hookups! Friendly people and animal friendly! This is the second time in as many years that we stayed here and enjoying family for Thanksgiving! Happy Thanksgiving!
JbarJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 10:43 AM   #2

We're just up the road, but at the Port Royal condos. Left the RV at home. We too have made Port Aransas a Thanksgiving visit for 15+ years.

Poor Port Royal, it's looking a little bit run down. The hurricane didn't do it a favor. Port Aransas looks recovered, maybe a bit too gentrified, but that's what time does.

I drove thru Pioneer two days ago. I agree, it looks very nice.

We're having great weather and Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-24-2021, 11:08 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
We're just up the road, but at the Port Royal condos. Left the RV at home. We too have made Port Aransas a Thanksgiving visit for 15+ years.

Poor Port Royal, it's looking a little bit run down. The hurricane didn't do it a favor. Port Aransas looks recovered, maybe a bit too gentrified, but that's what time does.

I drove thru Pioneer two days ago. I agree, it looks very nice.

We're having great weather and Happy Thanksgiving!
Thank you sir! Happy thanksgiving to you and yours also!! We will be here till Saturday 318! 2 other couples with us in their own house on wheels! We really like this place! Mike
Old 11-24-2021, 01:44 PM   #4

Do y’all live in the Denver area? We are parked on the beach In the golf cart at 38 mile marker for today! Weather is blowing in tonight!
Old 11-24-2021, 10:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JbarJ View Post
Do y’all live in the Denver area? We are parked on the beach In the golf cart at 38 mile marker for today! Weather is blowing in tonight!

Yep - a bit north of Denver. We were going to do a bonfire on the beach but it looks a little too windy!
Old 11-25-2021, 08:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
Yep - a bit north of Denver. We were going to do a bonfire on the beach but it looks a little too windy!
I figured we would have more weather overnight but I guess the weather man has a pretty good gig! 50/50 ain’t bad! Our son and family lives in Evans right beside Greeley. Our nephew lives in Arvada!