Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-01-2010, 09:56 AM   #1

Rend Lake in Southern, IL

I just want to give a shout out to any of the 4 Corp. of Engineer Campgrounds at Rend Lake just off I57 in Southern IL. We stayed there this past weekend and there were no crowds, CLEAN facilities, nice neighbors, beautiful lake and all in all a 10 out of 10 experience for us. If you are passing thru or want a great weekend stay check out these campgrounds. North and South Sandusky, Gun Creek, and South Mar c u m . Gun Creek and S. Marc u m are closed for the rest of the year for a complete revamp with the Obama Stimulis $$$$$$$. There is lots to do locally also. Many Vineyards southof Carbondale, IL about an hour drive south, Shawnee National Forest, Just south of Rend Lake College is a World Class Skeet Range. (Not close to the campground about 12 miles away.) Contact Southern IL tourism and you'll see all the wonderful things to do.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:41 PM   #2

We have been to an Army Corps of Engineers campground near there - loved it. As you said, very clean. Yes, there is a lot to do in Southern Illinois, the vineyards are great.
kopskamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:35 AM   #3

I was there when I was young and don't really remember it. We live near Alton, IL so it wouldn't be a far drive. Can you reserve a site online and, if so, where?
bed685 is offline   Reply With Quote