Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-20-2017, 03:33 PM   #1

Route from TN to AR

We'll be attending a family reunion near Rogers, AR and I'm trying to plan the trip route. We will be leaving from middle TN and pulling our 17' Hummingbird.

It looks like the southern route along I-40, through Memphis and then North up Hwy 49 is pretty much non-stop construction.....plus the bonus of having to pull through Memphis.....

There appears to be a northern route up I-24 to Paducah, KY and then across I-57/US-60 through Poplar Bluff and near Springfield, MO and then drop South on Hwy 37/72 into Rogers.

Has anyone traveled any of the roads on the northern option? I'd like to hear how they would be for pulling a small TT.

Thanks!

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ome-41831.html
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 03:47 PM   #2

Don't see why not. Little trailer. Littler than ours. We did similar from KY but dropped down to the Buffalo River before Springfield on AR 7 Lots of curves and climbing.. Nothing too hard.

60 is four lane for the most part. Cant advise on construction.. We take our 195 on dirt back roads in the Ozarks.. While it seems intimidating at first , it is not in the end

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 04:45 PM   #3

IMO, avoid going thru Memphis at all costs. Traffic there is always a mess! The interstate up thru Paducah is very nice.
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:14 AM   #4

Memphis is like most other big urban areas. No better but some are worse. Anyway we made the run from Nashville thru Memphis and on toward Little Rock just a few weeks ago without issue. GPS, pre map planning, and route awareness is the secret to keeping the blood pressure down. We diverted off Interstate W of Little Rock over to Hot Springs and then thru the NF into SE Ok. Don't be frightened by Memphis just know your route and anticipate upcoming exits before you get to them.

Ps we are approx. 53 feet from front of the TV to the back bumper of the White Hawk. The pull thru Memphis, Dallas, and Houston on our current trip have been without issue. Also road work has been as light as we have seen in the last 5 years.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:42 AM   #5

I've taken that northern route but it's been quite awhile. As I recall, it's not a bad route at all. Certainly, more relaxing than Interstate driving.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:16 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
Certainly, more relaxing than Interstate driving.
This is kind of what I'm leaning toward.

I appreciate the input from everyone - thanks!

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ome-41831.html
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
Memphis is like most other big urban areas. No better but some are worse. Anyway we made the run from Nashville thru Memphis and on toward Little Rock just a few weeks ago without issue. GPS, pre map planning, and route awareness is the secret to keeping the blood pressure down. We diverted off Interstate W of Little Rock over to Hot Springs and then thru the NF into SE Ok. Don't be frightened by Memphis just know your route and anticipate upcoming exits before you get to them.

Ps we are approx. 53 feet from front of the TV to the back bumper of the White Hawk. The pull thru Memphis, Dallas, and Houston on our current trip have been without issue. Also road work has been as light as we have seen in the last 5 years.
Glad to see this post. We will be traveling from KS to Nashville in July. We were looking at the route along I40 from Russellville, AR through Memphis to Nashville. We are also 53'. Nice to know it shouldn't be too bad through Memphis and light construction.