Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-24-2011, 05:14 PM   #21

Sorry for the delayed response - we've been gone a couple of days. We'll have to check that out - don't know that I've seen one. What lens are you replacing? Lost me on that one...short trip...I know!

We are pretty close to being set-up. We did a lot of work this weekend. Most of the inside is ready and I think we've got the outside looking good. We plan to spend this next weekend up there so we're pretty excited. I will get some pictures posted soon. So many new things to learn! One thing we've decided is we need a checklist of what to do before we leave. I think we questioned ourselves the whole way home as to whether we did what we needed to do before leaving. I hope it's all still there when we go back

Mike & Michele Arnold with Maddie Jo & Molly (Cavachons)
2011 Jayco Eagle 322 FKS
2010 F150 4 x 4 Super Crew V8 w/Max Towing Package
2011 Bennington 24 SLi Pontoon
Headed to the Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:17 PM   #22

Link for 90 degree elbow:

http://www.campingworld.com/search/i...d&Nty=1&Ntpc=1

Don't feel bad, we're on our 4th year at our seasonal and I still leave a post-it-note by the door to remind me:

Water off
Open tap to relieve pressure off interior plumbing
Furnace/AC off
HWH off
Shades shut
All lights off
Shed locked
Garage doors locked
DW in truck (just kidding about that one)

Looking forward to your pics.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:05 AM   #23

Too funny! I needed that laugh on a Monday morning :hihi: Thanks for the link and the check list, that's pretty cool! I had to laugh when we got there on Saturday, we were checking out the sewer and water hook-up that Happy Hallow installed and I noticed the fresh water hose was connected to the black tank flush and not the city water hook-up. Boy, that could have been a rude surprise! I'm still scratching my head over that one....clearly marked in both spots! We were really running behind on Saturday so I didn't get to take any pictures of the camper but will this weekend. It took longer to get the boat settled in than we anticipated and we had a bunch of stuff to unload set-up in the camper and outside. I'm pretty sure the HWT is still on bypass. I need to figure out which lever to turn. Up and down is off and side to side is on, is that right? I did get a few pics of us with the boat - hope no one minds me sharing them here. I know - it's not a Jayco but it's a pretty sweet ride! Our dock is right in the campground - very convenient.
Attached Thumbnails
ARNOLD_BENNINGTON_(1).jpg   Boat 181.jpg  

2011 Jayco Eagle 322 FKS
Old 04-25-2011, 07:00 AM   #24

On the HWH there should be 3 valves. If the valve is parallel to the hose it's open, if the valve is at 90 degrees to the hose it's closed. To unbypass the top and bottom ones should open and the middle one which goes from the top pipe to the bottom pipe should be closed. Here's a link for you to look at. You probably have the third one down although your pipes aren't in the same layout as the drawing.

http://www.rv-forums.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=44

Very nice pontoon boat!!
Old 04-25-2011, 07:31 AM   #25

Thanks Wiscampsin! The 3-Valve system looks very familiar. I'll make sure the plug is tight on the outside and then check/turn the valves. Pictures always help I was taught to turn on my hot water faucets and let them run until all the air was gone to let the tank fill-up and then flip on the heater. I knew something wasn't quite right because after all the antifreeze flushed there was just running water - no puffs of air. Thanks again for such good information! If you ever come to Ohio, stop in and go floatin' with us

2011 Jayco Eagle 322 FKS
Old 04-25-2011, 08:38 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headed to the Lake View Post
I did get a few pics of us with the boat - hope no one minds me sharing them here. I know - it's not a Jayco but it's a pretty sweet ride! Our dock is right in the campground - very convenient.
Great Pics! Dang, I wish I had a boat. Looks fun!

You know, the first pic would look great in "Post Your Mug" thread in Campfire Chat forum
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:27 AM   #27

[QUOTE=Headed to the Lake;18793 If you ever come to Ohio, stop in and go floatin' with us [/QUOTE]

You know, some day DW and I just might take you up on that . On the flip side if you ever plan a trip to Wisconsin we'll be the host.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:22 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike99 View Post
To drain the hot water tank, open the water tank access door and remove the plastic plug. This can be done with a wrench. A "pain" but it can be done.

On a few TT's, I seen a hose and a manual valve (available at my Home Depot plumbing parts store) instead of this standard plastic plug. To drain their hot water tank, they open the access door, re-position this short hose (to point downward), then manually open the value. After HW tank is drained, they move its manual valve to OFF, re-position its short hose, then close the access door. For a picture, surf: http://www.modmyrv.com/wp-content/ga...-with-hose.jpg

If leaving the seasonal site during above freezing temps, it isn't necessary to drain its HW tank each time. Simply turn the main "shore power" water supply valve to off, ensure its Hot Water tank "heating system" is turned off and open a sink tap - to release its inner piping pressure. Then, do the reverse steps when returing back to your CG site. Only need to drain its HW tank during cold freezing temps.

Hope this helps as well...

I think we would like to try something like what is pictured but I'm concerned about purchasing the correct parts. Do we need to find a plastic nipple to insert into the hole for the plug or will a brass one work? I seem to remember reading somewhere some metals don't "play nice" together and corrosion could be a problem. I don't want to start out on the wrong foot with the new tank. I don't know what type of metal is used in the tank and all my manuals are at the campground. I think this set-up would be much easier than busting our knuckles when we drain the tank. Any advice?

2011 Jayco Eagle 322 FKS
Old 05-18-2011, 06:55 AM   #29

Hi "Headed to the Lake".

You are correct. Different metals touching each other don't "like to play safely" in the long run. When connecting different metal pipes together, remember to use white plumber's tape. This creates a much better sealed contact. And, this tape also seperates both metals from one another. Meaning, they no longer "directly" touch each other. Besides this... You probably look at this area a minimum every 6 months - to drain the HW tank. Thus, keeping an eye out for any leaks and seeing if direct touching metals aren't playing nicely. For an application like this and ease of visual check, I would risk using different metals (if I had to). If possible, do try to hard plastic parts against metals. This would work best in the long run....

Hope this helps in your research....
Spike99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:30 AM   #30

Thanks Spike99! I guess we were thinking we needed to drain the tank before we leave the site so the water won't develop that nasty odor from sitting too long. Is this something we shouldn't worry about? The water does come from a well but we do have a filter system between the water source and the camper. We appreciate your help!

2011 Jayco Eagle 322 FKS
Old 05-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #31

No, you don't have to worry about it. I don't drain my HW tank until we close up for the season. Then give it a good flush with one of these: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...k-rinser/49070

BTW, still waiting for some pics of your site.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:00 PM   #32

As default, I do NOT drain my seasonal site TT's HW tank. Only drain it during winteritzation tasks.

But.... your local water may be much different. If draining the H/W tank eliminates smell or bad taste, then sure. I'd drain it (if that works for your site). But as a general rule, the seasonal site H/W tank doesn't need to be drain - when you leave the site...

Note: If water smells are that bad from your H/W tank or from your TT taps, perhaps installing a Water Filter system (on your main intake water line - like some folks install in their stick homes) might work great as well. Remember... Each seasonal site is different and sometimes, one must install unique environmental correction devices as well. re: Water pressure valves, surge protection and Water Filter systems.

Hope this helps as well....

Spike99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:50 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscampsin View Post
No, you don't have to worry about it. I don't drain my HW tank until we close up for the season. Then give it a good flush with one of these: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...k-rinser/49070

BTW, still waiting for some pics of your site.
I know! Completely my fault....we've been waiting for some decent weather. I'd like to get pictures with the awning out and some sun shining through the windows so you can see the interior. We've been pretty happy with everything so far and the camper is awesome. We've only been able to sit outside once and then for just about an hour before the storm and tornado warnings hit! We did manage a campfire but the storms put a quick end to that too. Keep your fingers crossed the weather holds out for this weekend. Mid 70's and partly cloudy - I'll take it! How's your weather been up north? I hate to complain about the rain and cold when so many in the south are dealing with much, much worse. BTW, your departure checklist is great, I use it every time! Hopefully, things will slow down some and we can get back on the boards. We're also hoping they have the internet at the campground working soon - that's an ideal time to read and respond to everything.

I think we'll leave the water in the HWH this week and see how it goes. We'll only be gone four days before we go back. We just had one experience with the first camper where we forgot to drain the water and it smelled awful. But, we didn't have the filtering system back then so we'll see if that makes a difference.

Spike99, thank you for the ideas. We do have a filtering system between the water source and the camper and it's worked well. I appreciate your willingness to share!

2011 Jayco Eagle 322 FKS
Old 08-08-2011, 06:12 AM   #34

Smile Wiscampsin Seasonal Site

Where is your seasonal site in WI? Sounds like a wonderful place.
kopskamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:50 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopskamper View Post
Where is your seasonal site in WI? Sounds like a wonderful place.
Kilby Lake Campground, Montello WI.

Link:http://www.kilbylake.com/
Old 06-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #36

Think twice before doing some missouri parks." cuivre river will work you to your fed up " just a heads up! Check with other hosts before making a host stay ! It's fine in some other mo. Parks . Campground hosting can be very rewarding in the right park an should be .
Campgroundghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:20 PM   #37

We have done the seasonal camping for 7 years and are now selling the camper, bought a new towable and are hitting the road to see what there is to see in other parts of this great country. We loved having a Place to go as often as we could, but want to move around as long as our health dictates we can. We're excited!
JulieMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:44 PM   #38

We got a seasonal this summer at a town campground, we got the resident rate because i have family in the town. $300 may 16-sept 30 no electric or sewer but a pristine adirondack lake and beach with tennis courts, playgrounds and a concession stand and very clean new restrooms. I am hoping to get a Honey Wagon to come by and empty our tanks...not sure how much that will cost but it will be worth it. Not sure if we will be bringing our generator or just hook up to the truck when battery is low...there are water hook ups near by. This summer is going to be the best!

2007 Jay Feather Sport 218

2007 Honda Ridgeline
jaycojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:39 PM   #39

We have a seasonal site in Az for the winter and we have our river lot in Idaho for the summer. It's a lot less hassle leaving the trailer in one place. Our Jayco is in Az and our smaller trailer is in Idaho.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:08 PM   #40

so you have 2 different campers in 2 different spots...thats cool! we lucked out with this seasonal....i also love it because its where i spent my summers and now my daughter will have the same experience ..the Adirondacks are so beautiful

2007 Jay Feather Sport 218

2007 Honda Ridgeline
jaycojones is offline   Reply With Quote