Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-28-2013, 07:19 PM   #1

Smith's Point Campground, Long Island, NY

The wife and I just returned from four days/three nights at Smith's Point Campground. The weather cooperated and we had a great time.

Check-in took all of five minutes. We had reservations so it was just a matter of going into the office and getting our vehicle pass.

The sites aren't spacious but we didn't feel like we were stuck in a sardine can. The water and electric hook-up were functional unfortunately our 25 foot water hose wouldn't reach from the tap to my city water inlet so I had to fill my fresh water tank with water and use the electric water pump. Actually it was probably better to do that since we didn't have a sewer hook-up and knowing went we emptied our fresh water tank gave us some idea of how much water was in our grey and black water tanks, reminding us to conserve to avoid having to make an extra trip to the dump station. We practice water discipline with quick RV showers, get wet, shut off water, soap up, turn on water and rinse off.

The beach was beautiful and during the morning and early afternoon there were about 20 people on the mile stretch of beach that borders the campground. Even during the peak hours around 3:00pm my guess is there wasn't even 200 so always there was plenty of room for the families that were camping at the campground.

The surf would be too rough for little kids but there were plenty of teenagers enjoying catching waves on boogy boards. Pets are allowed on the beached as long as they are kept on a leash.

The Flight 800 Memorial is about 1/2 mile from the campground. We spend one afternoon visiting the memorial and had lunch at The Beach Hut.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote