Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-20-2012, 06:50 AM   #1

St. Andrews State Park - Panama City, FL

If any of our members here are in the St. Andrews area between now and Labor Day, give me a shout. It is always nice to put a face to a name.

Site 158.

My coffee pot is always sitting on go.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #2

I just drove through the campground doing my "host duties" and there must be a dozen Jayco RV's here. I think I'm going to print off a bunch of www.jaycoowners.com sheets to pass out. They either are on our forum or they should be, right?

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
Old 04-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #3

You got that right, Ed. Every time I see a new Jayco, I try to kick myself for not having some cards already made up with the forum name on them. It would be easy to just hand it to someone or stick it in the side of their door or something.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #4

Ed,

Glad you made the trip to St Andrews State Park safe and sound.

Enjoy you summer at St Andrews / Panama City.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #5

Ah, St. Andrews! I remember scuba diving there years ago. What a great park (at least back then, and I assume it still is!). It brings back many a memory.....
mtbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:48 AM   #6

I spent last summer at a host here also and obviously I liked it since I'm back again this year. It is a great park and I really like it here. My daughter and her family have a vacation home in this area so I get to see the grandchildren several times during the summer also. The usual practice is: daughter and family arrive at their place, then they come to the park to visit me just about dinner time, I'm asked to baby sit so mom and dad can enjoy their dinner alone. The grandchildren are 4 (twins). Fortunately by the time they wear me out, mom and dad are back and they usually bring me a nice dinner.
Life is good.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:00 AM   #7

Rob, Will you pass close to here on your way back from out west? How are those new "G" tires doing? My original "E" tires are still holding up. All they have to do is make it back to central Alabama this fall and then one trip to Road Atlanta in October. They are going to be replaced in the spring of 2013 before my spring trip away from my home base.

One interesting note during the trip down this way. The ambient temperature was in the high 70's by the time I arrived just north of Panama City. I was towing at 60 mph which is my norm. I topped off all 4 tires to 80 psi immediately prior to leaving my home base. The ambient temp when I topped them off was in the high 60's. Within the first few miles the tire psi had increased to the mid 80's. They stayed in this range until the ambient got into the high 70's then the tire pressure got up to 92. The pressure for each tire was 90-92 which probably was the difference in the sensors.

I was surprised at this much pressure rise, but since all 4 tires did the same thing, I'm not terribly concerned. I just wonder how high they will go when towing at an ambient of 90-100 degrees? I will find that out when I leave here after labor day.

Anyone else see this kind of pressure rise? We all know tire pressure increases with use, but I was surprised at this amount.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:31 PM   #8
Site Team

Yes that is normal. I have noticed and been rather excited after first installing the TSP 510 system. The most we have seen on E tires is up to about 92 psi but summer is coming and the heat will surely drive them higher.

Sure is peace of mind to be monitoring tire pressure and temps real time now.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:20 PM   #9

Thanks for the confirmation norty. As I said, I wasn't terribly concerned since they were all about the same, but your confirmation makes me feel better. I won't be moving again until after labor day so it should be good a hot then.