Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-10-2010, 02:35 PM   #1

Texan's Help RV Parks

Texan's we are getting ready to hit the trail, just too much snow and wind in Illinois. I am hopping to hook-up by the end of the month or earlier. I just need to get thru a couple more Dr appt. at the VA.
Ok here's my questions we are looking for a couple parks. We are looking for a start in the REO Valley and then move up noth. I figure we can sight see the area and move on. My ideal park would be to tight of a spot. I would like to park for a month and move up for another month. Right now not worring about cost of the park, but so many parks have Dog limits 30 lb. Yogi tip's the scale a little over that. Thanks for your help.
Http://yogi154.blogspot.com/
yogi154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:37 PM   #2

My wife and I live in Austin but we do not have personal knowledge of commercial RV parks in Texas. We generally stay in Texas state parks which usually have only water and electric hookups and dump stations. If you decide to stay overnight in the Austin area on the way to the Valley you would almost certainly be pleased with the facilities at McKinney Falls State Park on the southeast edge of Austin IF you can tolerate having to use a dump station.

The following link has reviews of both commercial and state park RV facilities in Texas:

http://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions/Texas/

Of course you may want to check Woodall's Campground Directory or one of the other directories for additional reviews.

Hope this helps at least a little.
Texas Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 04:03 PM   #3

Thanks Texas Sam
I have been looking at the park review very helpfull. I think we will pass on the valley this year as they seem full up. We are thinking of somewhere up north but still looking.
I called a bunch of parks some had Dog weight restrictions. My Yogi is a full figured dog and I don't see him getting down to 30 lbs soon.
Thanks Again Wayne
Http://yogi154.blogspot.com/
yogi154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:31 PM   #4

If you are considering as far north as Austin you might want to check out: http://www.lahaciendarvpark.com/
Old 02-11-2010, 08:27 AM   #5

Wayne and Marti,
Are you on the road yet? Drop us a line to let us know how things are going if you have internet access and can read this.
Happy camping.
rvrev2 is offline   Reply With Quote