Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #1

UP Michigan SP's - We've made our decision!

Once again, we are drawn to beautiful Michigan for our August vacation! We've decided on 5 nights at Porcupine Mountains and 4 nights at Muskallonge Lake SP's. Or, should we reverse it; 4 nights at Porcupine and 5 nights at Muskallonge? I'm sooo confused!! We will most likely leave a day early & camp on the way to Porcupine. These SP's will satisfy everyone in my family and even though my (by then) 7 yr old daughter won't be able to set foot in Lake Superior, she should be able to stand Muskallonge Lake, I hope!! I sure do hope we've allowed enough time at each CG to explore within and around. It seems school starts earlier every year.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #2

If you take hwy 28 going west in the UP, just past Munising MI, the hwy goes right along side Au Train Bay. There is a beautiful sand beach there (on Superior), with a spot to pull off the hwy. About 20 years ago I had a nice swim at that beach on a sunny, warm day in early August. The water temperature was just fine! My guess is the location hasn't changed much since then.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #3

You are going to love it Kim, no matter how you split your days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruizinKim View Post
Once again, we are drawn to beautiful Michigan for our August vacation! We've decided on 5 nights at Porcupine Mountains and 4 nights at Muskallonge Lake SP's. Or, should we reverse it; 4 nights at Porcupine and 5 nights at Muskallonge? I'm sooo confused!! We will most likely leave a day early & camp on the way to Porcupine. These SP's will satisfy everyone in my family and even though my (by then) 7 yr old daughter won't be able to set foot in Lake Superior, she should be able to stand Muskallonge Lake, I hope!! I sure do hope we've allowed enough time at each CG to explore within and around. It seems school starts earlier every year.

2016 Ford F-350 Lariat Screw 6.7 Stroker
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #4

Just booked our Porcupine stay. We ended up with a lakefront for last 4 nights, but for first night had to book another site. We don't mind moving after only 1 night though.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #5

Sounds great we are also book for the U.P. in Augest up to the Soo Locks and the falls Havent ben there in years and am loving the thought of taking are six year old to get his first real look at thegreat lakes. Have a GREAT TIME
outofhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofhere View Post
Sounds great we are also book for the U.P. in Augest up to the Soo Locks and the falls Havent ben there in years and am loving the thought of taking are six year old to get his first real look at thegreat lakes. Have a GREAT TIME
We are also staying at Muskallonge Lake and plan to visit Tahquamenon Falls. I think it will be a wonderful vacation. You and yours will also have a great time!!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 06:10 PM   #7

My uncle used to be in charge of Muskallonge st park. It will always be my favorite park in th U.P.. RIP Uncle Carl.....
huskerdu is offline   Reply With Quote