Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-19-2013, 10:54 PM   #1

Thumbs up Viera's Resort Isleton, CA

This one is for all of my fellow NorCal RVers. Our family just returned from Viera's Resort in Isleton, CA and I must say that we have already started planning our next trip back.

I was planning a last-minute end of summer weekend trip for our family. We weren't sure where we wanted to go but we knew two things: we didn't want to go too far and we wanted to stay somewhere on the water. Being a last minute trip most of the places that I checked were completely booked or they had received some horrible reviews. I found this place on a recommendation from my brother-in-law who fishes the area quite frequently and while he had never camped there he had fished there and said it appeared to clean and well maintained.

When I called to check availability I was greeted by a friendly staff member who was more than helpful. She explained that they had many sites to choose from and recommended site 14. She answered all of my questions, explained the park fees and took my reservation.

Campsites range from tent sites (water and electric only) for $34 per night to full hookup (water, electric 30 & 50 amp, and sewer) for $36 per night. Now I know what you are thinking, "What is the actual cost per night (i.e. reservation fees, taxes, etc)?" but that IS the price with no hidden fees!

This isn't your typical KOA or Thousand Trails campground but that being said you definitely get more than you pay for without paying the KOA prices. They have a well maintained swim beach with LOTS of shade and it is roped off from the main channel. My wife and I were able to relax and watch our kids play without worrying about them being swept away by the current. There are some great spots to fish as well as a live bait and tackle shop and a fish cleaning station which was also kept very clean. Next to the beach is a two lane boat launch as well as a gas dock. Behind the partial hookup sites there was a large grass field and a basketball court. There was also plenty of room for the kids to ride their bikes. There is a group camping area complete with 4 RV hookups, a large BBQ, a refrigerator and a private beach and boat dock.

For the non campers they have fully furnished cabins for rent. The bathroom and shower facilities are more than adequate and very clean. As is common there is a small convenience store located at the entrance. There is also a restaurant/bar which looked like a nice place to grab a bite.

The map below gives a general layout of the campground. If you like the morning sun as you enjoy your coffee outside I would recommend sites 1-6 or 13-18. If you would rather watch the sunset as you start your campfire than I would recommend 7-12 or 19-24. Sites 25-47 are very close together. I would only recommend staying here if you are camping with a large group.
Click image for larger version

Name:	resortmap3.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	9497

We stayed in site 14 which is particularly wide. My truck is parked just out of the photo to the left and it was still in our site.
Click image for larger version

Name:	PHOTO_20130818_084323.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	9498

The campground does allow fires but you must bring your own fire pit. The tent sites have BBQs but the RV sites do not. However there is a large picnic area next to the beach that does have BBQs if you are in need of one.

Overall this resort provided a great camping experience for our family. The seclusion of the area paired with the short drive and reasonable prices made for a relaxing time without spending an arm and a leg or driving five hours just to set up camp in the dark.

I give Viera's Resort five stars!
Name:  5-stars-rating-3d-stars-icons.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  3.5 KB

http://vieirasresort.com/

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7L
2013 Jay Flight Swift 26BH
BubbaJBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #2

That's great! I hope they don't have hidden fees. Hotels and resorts have acquired a reputation in recent years for what they call “drip pricing,” or hidden fees they spring on people at the last second. According to the Federal Trade Commission, the drip pricing practice involves retail pricing in which a company advertises only a portion of a product or service's total cost. The remaining charges are exposed once the customer is responsible for the purchase.
nathanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:59 PM   #3

Awesome. Thanks for this recommendation. I'll definitely visit this spot come Spring.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #4

Too funny, we live about 15 minutes from Isleton; I hadn't even considered it as a camping spot.
mraplx is offline   Reply With Quote