Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-25-2018, 09:04 AM   #41

We have 8 trips planned for 2018 so far.. most are local VA state park trips (VA has some great RV spots in the state parks) We are doing a 2 week trip to Jackson Hole, 6 days at Yellowstone ( the Bear tooth) and 3 days at Sturgis (for the motorcycle rally..my 7th year)..that's all we have so far, I'm sure we will add more.
Richard&Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 12:49 PM   #42

We got our 26BH in May, and did several shakedown and fun trips around Michigan in preparation for our longer trips. In the fall, I took the trailer down to Alabama to store it there.

This Sunday we'll drive the F-150 down to Alabama and start on our first big trip of four weeks. Just noodling around in the South. Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and so on. No definite itinerary.

We'll leave the trailer in Alabama when we're done, and return to Michigan.

Then, in the Spring, we'll go South to bring the trailer up to Michigan for the summer, and take 10 days or so working our way back North.
Siamese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 02:27 PM   #43

April in Florida with 2 weeks in Fort Wilderness.

Traded: 2018 RAM 3500 DRW, 4X4, 4.10, 6.4 Hemi, Curt A20 hitch, Tire Minder

2018 North Point 315rlts with most of the options.
JohnWedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 06:39 PM   #44

3 months. San Diego to ridgway, co to Springfield, IL for Lincoln library. Then to Ohio to rock and roll hall of fame and football HOF. Michigan lower and upper penninsula, Wisconsin, Indiana (MSU Indiana football game), Little Rock (Clinton Libraru),Oklahoma City, Santa Fe and Home. Lots of stops planned in Michigan and Wisconsin
Old 01-26-2018, 06:55 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethcb View Post
3 months. San Diego to ridgway, co to Springfield, IL for Lincoln library. Then to Ohio to rock and roll hall of fame and football HOF. Michigan lower and upper penninsula, Wisconsin, Indiana (MSU Indiana football game), Little Rock (Clinton Libraru),Oklahoma City, Santa Fe and Home. Lots of stops planned in Michigan and Wisconsin
That is one heck of a road trip.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 06:59 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
That is one heck of a road trip.
Nothing compared to our 3 month trip from San Diego to Alaska and back. 15,000 miles.
bethcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 07:08 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethcb View Post
Nothing compared to our 3 month trip from San Diego to Alaska and back. 15,000 miles.
If you need any help with points of interest in Michigan give a shout.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:31 PM   #48

We are headed to Cumberland Lake in Kentucky, the houseboat capital of the world in June and then to northern Arkansas and Queen Wilhemina State Park in October for the fall color
Daniel3359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 10:25 PM   #49

Williamsburg VA in April, Bangor ME in June. Plus frequent local outings near home here in south central PA. And you never know, something else just might pop up.

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 05:55 AM   #50

If my plans don't get changed again, 6+ week trip to Monument Valley, Utah, Craters of the Moon NP in Idaho, Grand Tetons NP, Yellowstone NP, and the Black Hills.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 08:19 PM   #51

We are planning two large trips. First one will be Oregon, Washington, and maybe lower Canada. Second one will be Yellowstone and Grand Tetons. Any recomendations on where to go or what campgrounds to use appreciated. I am already searching this site but am surprised there is not more information on where to stay around Yellowstone. (I will add some!).
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 05:57 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingjw View Post
We are planning two large trips. First one will be Oregon, Washington, and maybe lower Canada. Second one will be Yellowstone and Grand Tetons. Any recomendations on where to go or what campgrounds to use appreciated. I am already searching this site but am surprised there is not more information on where to stay around Yellowstone. (I will add some!).
Hi Travelingjw.

Yellowstone is our favorite National Park. When we go, we like to stay at Fishing Bridge (https://www.yellowstonenationalparkl...ridge-rv-park/) They have full hookups and are reasonably priced (about $50 per night). This campground is centrally located in Yellowstone and about 5 minutes from Lake Lodge. I recommend having dinner at Lake Lodge at least once. While it is pricey, you will never have better service and the food is excellent. Also, you cannot beat the atmosphere.

If you want to stay outside of the park I recommend Yellowstone Holiday (Yellowstone Holiday | Camping Fishing RV Campgrounds) in West Yellowstone. The people are real friendly and you are minutes from downtown West Yellowstone. If you decide to stay there try to get one of the campsites on the lake. You get a lot more space and the view of the lake and the mountains is amazing. Also, if you like pizza you need to try Wild West Pizza (https://wildwestpizza.com/). It is among the best I have ever had.

As for bars, try Bullwinkles (West Yellowstone Restaurant).

If you want to stay in Cody, the Cody KOA is the place to stay (https://koa.com/campgrounds/cody/). If you stay there the place to go for dinner is The Irma (Buffalo Bill's Irma Hotel, Historic Lodging & Restaurant Dining in Cody WY near Yellowstone). The prime rib is amazing!!!!!

If you go to the bar, you can get a bowl of salt with a little popcorn added. LOL.

The last place I would recommend is the Virginia Lodge RV Park in Jackson Hole Wyoming. This is the most expensive park with the smallest campsites I have every stayed in, but we stay there every time for one reason: The Gun Barrel Steak and Game House (The Gun Barrel | Jackson Hole's Legendary Dining Experience) This is in my top 2 favorite restaurants (Stratosphere in Vegas being the other one). The Gun Barrel has a Mixed Game Grill that has a combination of elk steak, buffalo prime rib, and a venison bratwurst. It is pricey, but worth every penny.

As for bars in Jackson Hole, they are all good. But even if you don't drink you have to go to the world famous Million Dollar Cowboy Bar (Million Dollar Cowboy Bar - Jackson Hole, Wyoming).

I hope this helps.

Regardless of where you stay you will have an awesome time.

Bob
Bob, Marge and Whitney (German Shepard Dog)
Rafstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:09 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafstar View Post
Hi Travelingjw.

Yellowstone is our favorite National Park. When we go, we like to stay at Fishing Bridge (https://www.yellowstonenationalparkl...ridge-rv-park/) They have full hookups and are reasonably priced (about $50 per night). This campground is centrally located in Yellowstone and about 5 minutes from Lake Lodge. I recommend having dinner at Lake Lodge at least once. While it is pricey, you will never have better service and the food is excellent. Also, you cannot beat the atmosphere.

If you want to stay outside of the park I recommend Yellowstone Holiday (Yellowstone Holiday | Camping Fishing RV Campgrounds) in West Yellowstone. The people are real friendly and you are minutes from downtown West Yellowstone. If you decide to stay there try to get one of the campsites on the lake. You get a lot more space and the view of the lake and the mountains is amazing. Also, if you like pizza you need to try Wild West Pizza (https://wildwestpizza.com/). It is among the best I have ever had.

As for bars, try Bullwinkles (West Yellowstone Restaurant).

If you want to stay in Cody, the Cody KOA is the place to stay (https://koa.com/campgrounds/cody/). If you stay there the place to go for dinner is The Irma (Buffalo Bill's Irma Hotel, Historic Lodging & Restaurant Dining in Cody WY near Yellowstone). The prime rib is amazing!!!!!

If you go to the bar, you can get a bowl of salt with a little popcorn added. LOL.

The last place I would recommend is the Virginia Lodge RV Park in Jackson Hole Wyoming. This is the most expensive park with the smallest campsites I have every stayed in, but we stay there every time for one reason: The Gun Barrel Steak and Game House (The Gun Barrel | Jackson Hole's Legendary Dining Experience) This is in my top 2 favorite restaurants (Stratosphere in Vegas being the other one). The Gun Barrel has a Mixed Game Grill that has a combination of elk steak, buffalo prime rib, and a venison bratwurst. It is pricey, but worth every penny.

As for bars in Jackson Hole, they are all good. But even if you don't drink you have to go to the world famous Million Dollar Cowboy Bar (Million Dollar Cowboy Bar - Jackson Hole, Wyoming).

I hope this helps.

Regardless of where you stay you will have an awesome time.

Bob
Nice info, do you know the limit as far as the lengthy you can have, mines is a 35" and for what I understand that some places don't take long rv,s?

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 01:26 PM   #54

Quote:
Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!

A new year means new adventures.

What camping trips do you have planned for 2018.

For me, I have planned the following:

Washington DC (100K One Day Hike) and Gettysburg in April
Palm Springs (hoping to hike Cactus to the Clouds) and Vegas (celebrating if I make it) in May
Jayco Rally in June
Rocky Mountain National Park in August (Will be summiting Longs Peak and running in the 6 day 120 mile TransRockies run - Just hoping to finish - no olympian here)
Bank of America 500 in Charlotte in September

Chime in with your travel plans. I am always looking for new adventures I never thought of.

Happy New Year

Bob
We have started planning a trip to WA and OR. We were in the NW in 2012 and are looking forward to another visit. TRNP, Couer d Alene, Wenatchee, Olympic NP, Cape Disappointment SP, Oregon Coast, Willamette Valley wine country, National Volcanic Monument, Bend, Mt. Hood, Portland. Twin Falls and Badlands on the way home to Buckeye state. About 45 days. Any suggestions? We could use some ideas along the Oregon Coast. Love their state parks in Oregon.
BuckeyeHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 12:56 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Nice info, do you know the limit as far as the lengthy you can have, mines is a 35" and for what I understand that some places don't take long rv,s?

At Fishing Bridge there are 2 sections for RVs and Trailers. 1 is for 40' and under and another for 35' and under. The 35' and under sites are pretty easy to get. The 40' and under are very difficult to get. Reservations open 1 year in advance and the entire season for the 40' and under sites and are sold out within a couple of hours.

The Fishing Bridge campground is pretty strict and it does not allow putting a 40' RV or TT in a 35' space.

As for the other campgrounds, there are no size limits.

I hope this helps.

Bob
Bob, Marge and Whitney (German Shepard Dog)
Rafstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 02:21 PM   #56

We have just finished the planning and reservation-making for our annual Fall trip to the Smokies, to see the leaf colours and get our "mountain fix".
We'll be a little way outside Cherokee, NC, in a little private CG which is a well-kept secret up in the mountains.

It's about 650 miles each way, so we've arranged a couple of overnight stops along the way, in Forsyth GA and Suwannee, FL on the way back.

Before then, there will be plenty of weekend trips to state parks here in FL.
(one of the benefits of a hybrid is that it's pretty much ready to roll at an hour's notice, which lets us be more spontaneous in our camping)

Jay Feather 19XUD, pushing a Jeep Grand Cherokee
WeRJuliian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 03:37 PM   #57

Quote:
At Fishing Bridge there are 2 sections for RVs and Trailers. 1 is for 40' and under and another for 35' and under. The 35' and under sites are pretty easy to get. The 40' and under are very difficult to get. Reservations open 1 year in advance and the entire season for the 40' and under sites and are sold out within a couple of hours.

The Fishing Bridge campground is pretty strict and it does not allow putting a 40' RV or TT in a 35' space.

As for the other campgrounds, there are no size limits.

I hope this helps.

Bob
Okay thank you sir.

Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 06:24 PM   #58

We're headed West from Georgia...one night in Indiana to see family, St. Joe's, MO for a wedding, Nebraska for more family visits and then 30 days of National Parks. Starting at Mt. Rushmore/Badlands then on to Glacier, Yellowstone and Rocky Mtns. It's overwhelming planning this trip but we are so excited. This will be the longest and farthest we have ever traveled with the camper. Last trip was to Ft. Wilderness for a week long Disney trip.
CamperForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 06:33 PM   #59

Nothing like starting a Florida trip with digging out of a foot of snow and applying the leaf blower to the roof. ( hate it when trucks shed snow and ice on to my windshield and don't want to do that to others)
We dewinterized, sanitized, the rig froze up we thawed it out and rewinterized.
Reason. it takes four hours to sanitize and we'd rather not spend a travel day doing that. There was a twelve hour period when the water pump seized due to icing lines.. Thawing took a couple of hours. No leaks.

We have about two miles of roads that are sheer ice under snow..We will see.

We are Norty bound.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventures, camping, camping trips, jayco rally, rally