Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-23-2017, 12:20 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothernaturesson View Post
Probably better during the week though we did see a young girl catch about a 14" bass under the bridge. Lots of brim for the kids. If you ever go shoot me a pm and I'll give you advise on sites. Kayaking and tubing were real popular also. There's Bald Mountain Campground in Hiawassee also and they have a private pond full of cat's and bass. Pic is taken behind our camper along the river.
Preciate that. What little I've seen on website (still at work) it looks like a decent place. I'll be in touch

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2017, 02:54 PM   #82

Nova presents Eclipse Over America.

wan-der-lust's YouTube Channel and Instagram

wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:22 AM   #83

I went to see 100% totality at Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park. It was about a 7 hour drive from the far north suburbs of Chicago where I live and I was there from Sat-Tue. I reserved the campsite back in February. I would've gone camping that weekend, and have more PTO than I know what to do with, so I figured, why not go. I was not disappointed.

I saw the historic sites in the area on top of the eclipse and I have to say the trip was totally worth it. As totality approached, it got pretty dark, the cicadas started singing, the mosquitos started biting, and the lights turned on. When it happened and everyone in the campground started cheering, it was just inspiring. What an amazing, moving experience! I was lucky that the camper in the site behind me was an amateur astronomer with a huge telescope and he let me hang out with him and look through his telescope during the event. The pictures he took and shared with me are second to none.

I'm going to go again in April 2024, either to Southern Illinois or Indiana.

2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Crew Cab 3.0L Duramax 4WD
2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 298BH
2013 Jayco Jay 1206 (Sold)
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote