Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-01-2021, 12:19 PM   #1

Why I would never RV in to Mexico!

Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 01:04 PM   #2

So it was a shakedown, but pretty dumb bringing CBD oil across the border. Yes it is legal in Mexico, but importation is another issue. There are similar substances when crossing the Canada/US border that can get you into trouble; legal on both sides of the border, but illegal to cross the border with. For instance, I was sure they were going to get hit for the firewood strapped to the back of the van. Just try and get that stuff across the Canada/US border and you'll see what I mean.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 02:07 PM   #3
CAG

Canada Customs asked me if I had any marijuana products on me when going from one plane to another in Montreal. Took me off guard since it is legal there and not where I was coming from. Anyway, I don't use the stuff.

We used to back road all over Baja Sur a few years back. Never thought about danger. The people are nice, always helpful. Then the resorts began bringing in help for main land Mexico and things went down hill fast. No way would I travel in Mexico now. Even from here to Rocky Point, as 4 hour drive south of Phoenix can be iffy.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 07:41 AM   #4

Nice video. Not to bright of the young people crossing with cbd. DUH. Can’t fix stupid. Guess they never heard of profiling. The way they look they were lucky whole rig did not get taken apart. I’ve seen it happed to returning California couple crossing from Canada to USA. They also fit the profile. Like others I will never drive to Mexico with our rig alone or in any caravan. Safe travels

Enjoy the journey
Trapper2020 is offline   Reply With Quote