Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-14-2017, 11:58 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
So you were an example of the worst campsite experience for the motor home people perhaps lol. 25 people just having normal conversation at one or two sites together is not quiet let alone instruments and singing...
Maybe... but with our camper and 3 empty spaces between us, I doubt they heard us much if at all. Their diesel running for 30 minutes when they left was a hassle, but I guess that's part of camping. In the many times I've drawn a bit of a gathering, that's the only time anyone ever said anything negative... Heck, the dogs don't even howl!
Old 01-14-2017, 12:13 PM   #42

Worst campsites experiences

lol
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 12:34 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
The guy next to me who after cleaning out his tanks put the stinky slinky on the picnic table before storing it.
Prior to leaving, the guy across from us held his sewer hoses etc. to his site's fresh water tap and rinsed the inside and outside onto the ground.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 01:09 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
Prior to leaving, the guy across from us held his sewer hoses etc. to his site's fresh water tap and rinsed the inside and outside onto the ground.
That's why I carry a multiple bottles of Lysol spray! I spray just about everything down before hooking my stuff up...including the picnic table!
Old 01-14-2017, 01:40 PM   #45

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
That's why I carry a multiple bottles of Lysol spray! I spray just about everything down before hooking my stuff up...including the picnic table!
Yup. Me too. I've always sprayed the fresh water tap etc. with a bleach solution.

Before I saw that camper, I thought I might be some kind of borderline 'germaphobe.' My DW humored me because the water and sewer stuff are my responsibilities, but she didn't think it was really needed. Now she's 100% with me.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 09:05 PM   #46

Quote:
Another good reason to camp with no hookups - at least without sewer.

2016 F-150 XLT 4x4 Super Crew 3.5L Ecoboost
2017 Jay Feather X213
RPreeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:30 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPreeb View Post
Another good reason to camp with no hookups - at least without sewer.
I actually prefer using a central dump station, Less chance for contamination & no smells from the sites. Nothing worse than the wafting odor through the air of fresh blackwater right before breakfast from the neighbors draining before they leave.
robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 02:32 PM   #48

Worst campsites experiences

We had a couple interesting episodes last summer with some less than desirable Neighbors. However the worst Campground as a whole was at Willowbend campground in Maple Creek, SK.

We were coming back from a family vacation and didn't want to make the full drive in one day, so decided to book a 2 day stay in maple creek. I had phoned well in advance (a month approximately) and booked the site, along with asking some questions about the sites (treed in at all, quiet time etc etc). The Owner was polite and told me she would get us a somewhat tree'ed in site and they were very firm on quiet time etc etc.

We arrive at the campground and i go to check it, they couldn't find a record of my reservation. Luckily i printed off the confirmation email (it was also pre paid) for two nights and after comments from the owner, i got directed to an area where we were allowed to "pick a site". We go look and all of the available sites are 60 foot gravel roads with 15' between each and not a single tree to separate any of them. I popped back into the office to confirm i was looking at the correct areas and was told yes, that was all they had left for the 2 days i booked. Keep in mind we are in a hybrid camper, so a little bit of privacy or space is what i generally seek when possible. We head back to our driveway of a campsite and setup thinking we may just spend the one night and head out in the morning.

I shimmy down to the equipment shed and let the owner know we may cut our stay short by a day as a courtesy, at which point she tells me "Ok i will refund you a day then, come by the office in a couple hours and ill take care of it". Which was a pleasant surprise, i did not expect a refund in any way but given the earlier rude behavior i would gladly accept.

A couple hours go by and i find the owner in the office, i confirm with her we will be gone by 9am, and she Absolutely unloads on me yelling and swearing that this is BS and i will never get a refund out of them she has changed her mind and next time to book elsewhere etc etc etc. I eventually had enough of it and just walked out while she was still going on with her rant.

Then that night around 10pm with out neighbors having a party and there kids running all over the place one of them keeps walking up to one of my bunk ends and poking it. When i confronted the other campers i was told they would "talk to the kids". 15 minuets later one of the kids walked up the the end my kids were laying on and started pushing it up and down. After yet another talking to they headed in for the night thankfully and we tried to get some sleep.

Thats when the Trains started, every hour or so a train went by on the track to the north of the site, keeping me up all night.

Now the train was not the CG owners fault, although they did not mention when i asked about noise's. The other campers again was not their fault, but i had no confidence in their handling the situation given our previous interactions. But the combination of everything lead to the worst camping experience i have had this far. I think this year we will be trying to stick with provincial parks as much as possible.
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg  
Jm9301 is offline   Reply With Quote