Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-18-2010, 08:41 AM   #1

Yellowstone National park area

Anyone have any suggestions for the yellowstone park area.
Campgounds you liked or don't like.
2012 f250 diesel

mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:11 AM   #2

Stayed in a pop-up a couple years back at Madison campground inside the park. The campground is located near the western entrance to the park and next to the Madison river. Was able to see Elk early in the morning crossing the river.
The campground is centerally located with good access to most points of interest. Stayed there 5 nights and would deffinately reccommend it. No hook-ups though.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:42 AM   #3

I've only stayed at campgrounds outside Yellowstone and at Teton Nat Pk. I do have friends that have stayed at the same CG as Wiscamper and they seem to think it was good. Most everyone I've talked to likes staying at the west side rather than the east, not sure why unless the CG's are nicer and/or the scenery is better?

Sorry I can't be of more help but feel certain more will jump in and help you out.
RR Conductor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:40 PM   #4

We stayed at a campground just off Jackson Lake. I can't remember if we officially crossed into the Grand Teton NP at that point, but you could see the Tetons clearly. Can't remember the name of the cg but it did have a harbor and restaurant there also. I think it was $20 a nite
Attached Thumbnails
email Grand Tetons National Park _biking 2.jpg  
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:18 PM   #5

we stayed at fishing bridge cg....it was the only one with full hook ups...very tight quarters...you will get to know your neighbor. it was good to get around from but I might suggest one of the other cg that is not full hook up. we figured next time we will staying 3 nights in a power and water only camp ground then stay at fishing bridge for one or two nights which will allow us to dump. We did stay the first night outside in West Yellowstone in an RV park i forget the name but it was ok....we were there in early Oct 2008 it was cold but we saw all sorts of wildlife. With the Teton's just south of Yellowstone about 1 hour it is a must see as well.
RV4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:02 PM   #6

Last July we stayed a couple nights inside Yellowtone at the Grant Village Camprground, "H" loop. We enjoyed it very much, very private, nice pine trees, and few mosquitos. This is a no hookups area, but generators are allowed until 8PM. If you prefer to cook outside on the coleman stove, and sit around a campfire at night, I think you will enjoy Grant.
runaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:24 PM   #7

Stayed at Newton Creek CG in the Shosone Nat forest on Hiway 14 about 30 minutes East of the Eastern entrance of YNP. Beautiful well kept CG with most sites within 20 yards of the Shoshone River. No hookups but clean pit toilets and pottable water. Quiet, and sites are not close together like the CG's inside the Park. When we were there we saw a Cow Moose and her calf near the river. Not the ammenities that the modern CG's offer but you cant beat the view with the mountains accross the river...Worth the stay!! there are a number of Federal CG's between Cody WY and the Park on Hiway 14
campitout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #8

Yellowstone Campgrounds

September a year ago, we spent a couple of weeks in the Yellowstone, Teton area. Entering the east entrance, we spent 3 days at Fishing Bridge and toured the northwest side of the loop road. We then went to Grizzly RV Park in West Yellowstone for three days just outside the west entrance. From there we toured from Madison north to Mammoth Springs. We then went south and stayed in Grant campground at the south end of the park for 3 days and toured the south west and southeast sections of the loop road. From there went went south to the Tetons and stayed at Colter Bay RV Park. It has full hook ups and not to be confused with Colter Bay campground right across the road with no hookups.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:49 PM   #9

In fall 2008 we also stayed at fishing bridge....yes it has full hook ups thus why we stayed there. You will get to know your neighbors. Centrally located but not the most scenic spot to stay. AS someone else noted....we will go again in the fall but next time we will stay afew nights without hookups at one of the other campgrounds. Then move to fishing bridge to dump and stay another night or two. About 10 minutes after we arrived a small herd of buffalo went right down the streets next to our trailer.
As we weren't sure when we'd arrive we spent the 1st night outside the park, in West Yellowstone....nice park but I forgot the name...it was just off the main street in West Yellowstone.
We also stayed a couple nights @ the Teton's....Coulter Bay.....Don't miss the Teton's.
Such a wonderful sight in the fall. Lots of pretty colors.
RV4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote