Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-18-2018, 05:39 PM   #41

I have visited the one near Lancaster PA 3 times. The grand kids love it and jump for joy when I book it. Expensive, clean, lots to do (Really like the outdoor movie).
popiworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:11 PM   #42

Worst campground ever visited

We went to a Yogi Bear campground once and it was awful. Kids everywhere - in the roads, wandering around our site, etc. The trash cans were overflowing and garbage bags filled the dumpster area. The pool had a light fixture and wires dangling loose in the pool. The staff knew about the light fixture and did nothing. The staff was a bunch of teenagers and in general, did nothing. Weirdest thing was the quantity of pit bulls on overly long cables. I was afraid to walk my little dogs because all these pit bulls would come charging off their site to the edge of the road. Then there was the noise. Campers playing blaring music day and night. It was the worst camping weekend we've ever had. I'm sure they aren't all bad. I would read reviews on the specific one I was considering and make my decision based on reviews.
LBLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:19 AM   #43

There is one not far down the road from our house that has been there for decades. It is in Larkspur CO. I have never been in it but from what you can see from the road appeared to be rundown maybe dated is a better word and have heard that it is relatively expensive but never stayed there so cant say for sure how nice it is to stay there. It is right off the I-25 freeway with a set of rr tracks right next to it with another set right across the freeway.

We are building a new store where I work and the contractors super at the site who has been overseeing the structural component of the build out is moving to a new site next week and the contractor is replacing him with a tenant finish super. The current super's new site is that Jellystone Park. They are dumping $25,000,000 (yes 25 million) into renovations and expansion according to him.

While the link below doesn't give great detail it gives a general idea of what is happening
http://townoflarkspur.org/wp-content...ve-updated.pdf

They have definitely started on it as you can see the progress when you drive by. At this point they are just removing trees and moving dirt but shouldn't be long before we can see at least some of the improvements starting to take shape.
barryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:34 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWP723 View Post
Quarryville. It's beautiful there with big sites, mulched gardens and stone sites. Very level. We didn't even need to level our camper side-to-side. We're regulars.
We'll be going to Quarryville on Friday. Heard a lot of good things about it. Taking the two grandsons so they should have a blast.
Tim15856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:08 PM   #45

Going to the Yogi Bear Jellystone Park in Luray Virginia August 12th. Anyone been there? Comments?

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 04:21 AM   #46

I have been to the Yogi in Luray. Clean, well kept, quiet when i was there. Pools and slides nice. Beautiful country, close to skyline drive. Same owners as Quarryville and Hagerstown Yogi, at least the last i checked. They do put money back into their parks for sure.
Old 07-24-2018, 06:00 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cflowers View Post
I have been to the Yogi in Luray. Clean, well kept, quiet when i was there. Pools and slides nice. Beautiful country, close to skyline drive. Same owners as Quarryville and Hagerstown Yogi, at least the last i checked. They do put money back into their parks for sure.
Thank you. Good to know. Kids are really looking forward to it. On the campground map, sites look tight? Your thoughts on the space of the campsites? We are hoping for 168?

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 06:05 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim15856 View Post
We'll be going to Quarryville on Friday. Heard a lot of good things about it. Taking the two grandsons so they should have a blast.
Well, I hope the weather holds out for ya! But yeah..they'll love it. The pool area and the laser tag are cool things to do there. Check out the Amish table setup at the main office. So dangerous for me..LOL. Hit Maplehofe Dairy on 222 as well. Great farm fresh food.

Have fun!
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 06:52 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cflowers View Post
We were there last year for Halloween. Very nice place, the kids had a great time.

They had torn down the water park and pool to open new ones this year. Haven't been back yet to see them but found a video ……

Balibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:01 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAurand View Post
Thank you. Good to know. Kids are really looking forward to it. On the campground map, sites look tight? Your thoughts on the space of the campsites? We are hoping for 168?
we just left Hershey last weekend. those sites to me are tight. i see you are from Harrisburg, so not far from Hershey. When we were in Luray i did not think that the sites were terrible. they are not the biggest but did not bother us at all.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:29 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift2014 View Post
mammoth caves jellystone-

yes expensive but great people and large sites and so many things for grandkids to do!
I'll second this -a wonderful place to stay. One word of caution though, it's got some steep grades walking back and forth to the pool and clubhouse if you stay in the bottom half.
spook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 12:43 AM   #52

Back from our stay at Yogi Bear Quarryville. This is our first year RVing and we've had our 25BH for about six months. This is our first trip that was longer than a weekend and it had it's ups and downs for sure. To start off with, after packing up the RV and getting ready to hook up I put the slide out back in. As soon as I hit the switch it didn't sound right and stopped at one point. I got it all the way in but it didn't have the clicking sound it's suppose to have. I then tried to extend it, and it wouldn't go. Hitting the switch did nothing. Not knowing how long it would take to get fixed, I figured either the ride to the campgrounds would fix it or they might have someone nearby they work with to fix it. Once at the campgrounds, still nothing. This was on a Sunday and the Yogi staff had a couple repair guys they worked with. One couldn't come until Weds, we finally got one guy to come out on Monday. That meant one day with me, the wife, two grandsons and two dogs squeezed into a much smaller room and no access to the bathroom. The good news was we were extremely close to everything and the restrooms were a stones throw away, however it only had cold water for the showers so it was a cold shower for me. The repair guy found faulty wiring behind the fuse box. He got it working in about 15 minutes.

Before going into more RV issues I'll talk about Yogi Bear. First off, the stupid GPS is about 1/10 a mile off. The entrance came up quickly as I thought I still had further to go and even though I hit the brakes hard, I missed the entrance and didn't want to back up in the middle of the road. Took about 10-15 mins to get turned around. A couple days later I saw a couple of SUV's turning around in the farmer's driveway just after the entrance, so it seems I'm not the only one to miss it.

It took awhile to get checked in, the wife said the line was long, my site was great, all cement pad and nice and level. Only problem was it dropped off quick so the truck was at such an angle to the RV, that getting disconnected took some effort. Our site was just after the ranger station so everything was within a minute or two walk. The boys spent a lot of time at the playground and one of us had to go with them to the pool so they were bugging us a lot to go with them. The pool was pretty good with a fancy slide and water cannons that I had water duels with other people. Unfortunately, on day 3, half the cannons stopped working and on the 4th day, they had something break that took out all of them. In addition to one pool next to the water park they had another warmer pool for adults and a hot tub.

The boys spent a lot of time in the playground playing "gala" ball or something. The only negative there was a couple of bullies who messed with them when I wasn't around. These 12-13 years olds were even messing with the 6 year old grandson. The wife reported it and we found out that family was leaving the next day anyway. Although they don't do paintball anymore, they converted it to laser tag and the boys loved that. The boys were too busy doing other things and didn't want to go fishing, but I stopped by the pond as one boy caught a nice sized catfish using hot dogs for bait. All in all, it is a nice place.

I did have one problem with the site. As we were waiting to get the slide out fixed we ran into trouble with the 30A breaker tripping. At first it would happen when the AC, refrig and some other device like the TV or griddle was plugged in. Then it would trip with just the AC and refrig running. I know it wasn't overloading the circuit since I had those things running at home and they never tripped the 20A breaker. The day after the slide out got fixed we made a trip to Walmart were I bought a 50-30A adapter which fixed that problem. Our last issue happened later that day. A light rain started and I tilted the awning to the max angle to drain any rain. It's suppose to have a auto rain dump feature so I didn't worry about too much rain building up, but of course that feature did not work as advertised and one arm collapsed into a twisted, broken mess. I tried to hold that arm up and have the wife take the awning in but that just caused the plastic housing over the motor to fly off. Another call to the repair guy who got it bent enough for the two of us to get the awning back up where he could wire tie it together. He couldn't get to us until after midnight so it was a long day. I'll be talking to the dealer tomorrow to see about the warranty covering both of these issues.
Tim15856 is offline   Reply With Quote