Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-06-2020, 03:54 PM   #41
CAG
Senior Member
 
CAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladecreekwy View Post
You keep making statements that are wrong. I didnít miss your point. Canít make it any clearer than that

Or perhaps from your point of view they are and from mine they are not. Are you an expert on police work? That is what the main point of my response was not NFS/NPS. I don't claim to be an expert other than working closely with them over the years. So my responses related to police procedure are correct. Again. I cannot make it any clearer. I don't care about NPS/NFS for this discussion. It was not and is not the point.
__________________
2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MVP
2019 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
2011 Cyclone 3010 Toy Hauler- Sold
2014 Chevy Silverado Duramax LML -Sold
CAG is online now  
Old 10-06-2020, 03:58 PM   #42
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Montrose
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturgissteele View Post
Well that's a bummer! But as for the gun, see the attached. It's not illegal to have a firearm in a national park since 2010.
Thank you for this, now I know for sure.
YelloDuc is offline  
Old 10-06-2020, 04:04 PM   #43
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Montrose
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
I have to say that this was a difficult read. I could not keep up with every detail. Not because it was long, but because it has no paragraph breaks.

That said if I understand it correctly, it was getting dark, you were far from what you knew to be a designated CG, so you made a campsite. Is that it in a nutshell? Had this been me I would have simply told him what you said happened. "It was getting dark and from what we understood we could overnight here. We didn't feel safe driving any farther".

The weapon aside, using a short explanation and sticking to basic facts, I think you would have got off with a warning. I guarantee you, and CAG please feel free to comment, that any LEO would rather you stopped in a place like that if you felt it was safer than continuing to drive. Not to mention you made an error in thinking you could camp there, you genuinely thought you could. LEO's can be sympathetic if you frame your comments the right way.
No, while we were tired, and it was getting later, I was well aware that there were camp grounds not far ahead of us. We had planned to stay at an rv park south of Jackson, in Aspen. I wasn't gonna lie to them. I am always on the lookout for small offshoot roads, in hopes of finding an unoccupied, secluded camping spot to boondock. That's the truth, and that's what I always go with.
YelloDuc is offline  
Old 10-06-2020, 04:10 PM   #44
CAG
Senior Member
 
CAG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloDuc View Post
Thank you for this, now I know for sure.



Keep in mind too that when you are stopped, if you have a gun open or concealed it is going to put the officer on high alert. Some may ask to keep it in their possession during the contact. Some may not. If it is concealed, say so, and clarify that you are either a CC permit holder, or in some states like Arizona CC it is legal without a permit but let him/her know you have a gun.



While hunting Kofa NP the ranger there asked for my rifle every time she stopped me and that was about 5 times. I was on an ATV and it has to be unloaded. Maybe a little over zealous but that's fine she has a job to do and I have no problem complying.



I have been stopped for minor traffic infractions over the years and I have never badged anyone. My response to the officer telling me what I did was, you're right and I simply had my head up my xxx. I have never received a cite with that response. Argue and you probably get to continue the argument in court later.
__________________
2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MVP
2019 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
2011 Cyclone 3010 Toy Hauler- Sold
2014 Chevy Silverado Duramax LML -Sold
CAG is online now  
Old 10-06-2020, 04:19 PM   #45
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Montrose
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
Keep in mind too that when you are stopped, if you have a gun open or concealed it is going to put the officer on high alert. Some may ask to keep it in their possession during the contact. Some may not. If it is concealed, say so, and clarify that you are either a CC permit holder, or in some states like Arizona CC it is legal without a permit but let him/her know you have a gun.



While hunting Kofa NP the ranger there asked for my rifle every time she stopped me and that was about 5 times. I was on an ATV and it has to be unloaded. Maybe a little over zealous but that's fine she has a job to do and I have no problem complying.



I have been stopped for minor traffic infractions over the years and I have never badged anyone. My response to the officer telling me what I did was, you're right and I simply had my head up my xxx. I have never received a cite with that response. Argue and you probably get to continue the argument in court later.
I always inform the officer on a traffic stop, when I am carrying. Always. This guy didn't give me the chance, lol. I handle my traffic stops pretty much as you. I always own what I'm doing, because I know I am wrong. If an officer passes me, and then turns around, or starts to pull out, I just pull over, even before they get their lights on. Have had many of them comment on this. I always let them know, I know what I was doing, and while many sport bike riders will run, I'm not like that. Ride away without a ticket 95% of the time, and I've been caught doing well north of 100 mph. Kind of a shame since I would love to frame that ticket lol
YelloDuc is offline  
Old 10-06-2020, 05:07 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
Tunce the traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bellingham,Wa.
Posts: 5,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloDuc View Post
Ride away without a ticket 95% of the time, and I've been caught doing well north of 100 mph. Kind of a shame since I would love to frame that ticket lol
Ya know, donít you think thatís a little juvenile & stupid on a public road and maybe someoneís family just ahead never giving it a thought it might be over in a minute or two just so you can frame it.
__________________
2010 Jayco Hybrid EXP21M
2013 Toureg TDI
Tunce the traveler is offline  
Old 10-06-2020, 05:18 PM   #47
Site Team
 
JFlightRisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Newark, NY
Posts: 7,078
Thread closed.

Has become an argument about law, and is not conducive to the Forum.
__________________
Every day's a learning experience, though sometimes not what we expected.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
1 Spoiled Dog
JFlightRisk is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.