Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-12-2017, 10:57 AM   #1

Timbrens for sale

I've recently purchased a new 2017 F-250 and these Timbrens won't fit on the new truck so I thought I'd try and sell 'em. They are fully assembled and will bolt right up without jacking up or removing the tire. I believe these will fit 2011-2016 Super Duties among others. The part # is FR250SDG and if you're interested, cross reference on the Timbren website for your application. Price is $150 shipped. PM me if interested or reply to thread. Thanks, Terry
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	35824

Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	35825
Old 11-16-2017, 06:34 PM   #2

bump just in case someone may have missed this.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:50 PM   #3

Just did a little reading about these today. I am potentially interested in these, however, my primary question is will the addition of these affect the setup for my weight distributing hitch? I had Camping World install and setup the hitch, but I feel they could have leveled the truck a little bit more than they did. The technician claims he set it up 1" below level, but the rear of my truck squats quite a bit even with the WDH hooked up. Oh I have a '15 Ford F250 6.7 TD, I think this may make me feel a lot better about towing my '18 Jay Flight 33RBTS whose dry weight is 8600 lbs. I think there is a whole lot more hitch weight there than the 865 lbs advertised. Thank you!
Old 02-07-2018, 02:59 PM   #4

I forgot to ask, what setup you used these with and what kind of improvements you got out of them. Thanks again.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:47 PM   #5

Just took a quick peek under my truck to see where these would go, apparently this truck has a Firestone airbag system installed. Doesn’t look to be in the best condition and several of the brackets are loose and appear bent. Hmmmm, I did not look under the truck when I bought it other than for signs of any leaks since it was 10 degrees out and snowing.
Attached Thumbnails
4D23A2DC-A43E-4F71-A25F-04DC822BCE1F.jpg   D06C6629-6F85-44A0-9F71-C5FF98D4C827.jpg  
Old 02-07-2018, 06:17 PM   #6

Yeah after watching an installation video, pretty sure those are shot and probably negatively affecting my vehicle ride. I think I need to get those out of there ASAP.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp_brown View Post
Just took a quick peek under my truck to see where these would go, apparently this truck has a Firestone airbag system installed. Doesn’t look to be in the best condition and several of the brackets are loose and appear bent. Hmmmm, I did not look under the truck when I bought it other than for signs of any leaks since it was 10 degrees out and snowing.
This just reminded me I have a set of Firestone Airbags for my 2011 f250 6.7 in the garage. I never even opened the box they came in. Guess I should look into selling them.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:45 PM   #8
Site Team

I have a set of timbrens on my F350. I pull a fifth wheel and it really improved the towing ride. They don't come into play when not towing.

I'm not sure about a TT.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 02-07-2018, 09:56 PM   #9

On the Timbrens web site it says they may work against each other if you pull a travel trailer and use a weight distribution hitch. Gotta look for the fine print to find it.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinforthefinish View Post
On the Timbrens web site it says they may work against each other if you pull a travel trailer and use a weight distribution hitch. Gotta look for the fine print to find it.
Where did you find that? I am on their site and am having a hard time locating "the fine print".
Old 02-08-2018, 01:54 PM   #11

Quote:
Where did you find that? I am on their site and am having a hard time locating "the fine print".
I can't find it again either. I had ordered timbrens and then read a review saying don't use timbrens and a weight distribution hitch together as they could work against each other. I called the place I ordered from and was advised to send them back. It was a parts store I was dealing with, sorry I don't have the link.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Just did a little reading about these today. I am potentially interested in these, however, my primary question is will the addition of these affect the setup for my weight distributing hitch? I had Camping World install and setup the hitch, but I feel they could have leveled the truck a little bit more than they did. The technician claims he set it up 1" below level, but the rear of my truck squats quite a bit even with the WDH hooked up. Oh I have a '15 Ford F250 6.7 TD, I think this may make me feel a lot better about towing my '18 Jay Flight 33RBTS whose dry weight is 8600 lbs. I think there is a whole lot more hitch weight there than the 865 lbs advertised. Thank you!
Yes I did have to readjust my WDH because my truck squatted less. Being a little nose down is a good thing. Generally the tongue weight of a camper is 13-15% of total weight, so yes you may find your TW around 1100-1200lbs when loaded but that may not be the case for your floorplan as the weight seems middle and back.

Quote:
I forgot to ask, what setup you used these with and what kind of improvements you got out of them. Thanks again.
I have a 2.5'' Reese Titan shank with 1500lb spring bars with friction sway control. When I installed the Timbrens they were about 1'' above the stops so they rarely affect a no load ride unless you hit a big bump. I felt they really tied the rear end together because with the WDH properly engaged the Timbrens will rest on the stops. This is VERY important. When the WDH is engaged and the Timbrens aren't resting on the stops it will beat the hell out of you. Bottom line JP is you may not need the Timbrens with 1100lbs of TW or less. It may be possible that your WDH is slightly out of adjustment. If your using a 2'' shank with the adapter I highly recommend getting a 2.5'' shank that works with your WDH system. Our camper scaled is 9200lbs loaded and TW is a whopping 1420lbs. For our situation with the heavy TW, the Timbrens worked out very well.

Quote:
Just took a quick peek under my truck to see where these would go, apparently this truck has a Firestone airbag system installed. Doesn’t look to be in the best condition a nd several of the brackets are loose and appear bent. Hmmmm, I did not look under the truck when I bought it other than for signs of any leaks since it was 10 degrees out and snowing.
You might try to put some air in them to see if they still work. If not, get that crap outta there because they could be screwing up your WDH system and at least replace with factory bumpstops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinforthefinish View Post
I have not read or heard anything about this but I'm not disputing it either. Many members here have the Timbren SES system. All the Timbrens are is an extension of the factory bumpstops and worked well for me. Although I haven't towing our camper yet with my new truck, I will not hesitate to put Timbrens on again if I think the situation warrants it.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:26 PM   #13

Sold. To a JOF member.