Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-20-2018, 02:46 PM   #1

1st time here. Need advice on 30MBOK 5th wheel

Hi, Not sure I'm in the right thread but I've been trolling on his Forum for a while but can't see to find information that will help with our decision. Wanting to change from our bunkhouse TT to a 5th wheel and finally saw a floorplan at the show in Tampa this week that we loved and would satisfy all our desires. Saw the 2018 Eagle HT 30MBOK that has a bunk room when needed (for grandkids and NASCAR race weekend adults) yet a nice sofa and 2 recliners for when just the wife & I travel. I haven't found this setup with comfortable rocker/recliners in other 5th wheel floorplans I've seen anywhere!

My problem. #1) Can't seem to find anyone on this site that has this particular model and reviewed it and #2) There seems to be lot of negative comments on the Jayco, Eagle & HT brand in general and the quality/workmanship changes since the change in ownership a few years back. Should I run and look elsewhere or is the Jayco product still favorable and like everyone else?

Thanks a lot.
FlaFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 02:54 PM   #2

I can't answer for all rest or tour model of home away from home but our Jayco turns a yr old next month and the only problem I have had was self induced and probably with the aid of beverage. The stereo fell back into the hole.
To date I would buy nothing but Jayco but that's me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2018, 04:05 PM   #3
Site Team

Welcome to the forum from Western NY! I can't speak for your 5er either, but since they only came out with that model in 2017, you may have to catch the right member who has one, and is watching. We, too, love our now six year old Jayco, and would be hesitant to buy any other brand.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 04:15 PM   #4

I know nothing about the model you are inquiring about, but I do know that Jayco is still a good coach. Yes, they were bought out by Thor, but the product is still built in the same Jayco factories with the same Jayco employees. Yes, they had an excellent reputation for a long time of building quality RV's (especially trailers) and that reputation has faltered the last couple years. But I would blame that more on the booming RV industry and the lack of manufactures to keep up with the demand. I still have faith in this brand, and I'm sure most members here do as well...otherwise they probably wouldn't be here. I would definitely recommend Jayco, then and now. Good luck.
Various arsenal of 2 wheel death machines
Back the Blue
glamisbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 04:36 PM   #5

Can't give an answer to your first question, but your second one I think I can. If you buy a well built "xx" do you just enjoy it or do you post everywhere how great it is?
I for one, am enjoying our Eagle HT to much time to spend a lot of time griping about. Did it have a few issues? Yes! but I took care of them and moved on. Most of the units seem to be good, well built for doing what they are designed to do. We, the camping public seem to want a $10,000.00 factory unit to preform like a $150,00 custom built unit. A Rolls Royce and a go-cart both do the same thing, they move people from one place to another, but which is going to last? And come off the assembly line cheapest?
Just Saying.......
Old 01-20-2018, 05:06 PM   #6

Welcome to JOF and Happy shopping for a floor plan that fits your family. Can’t answer any specific questions about the model you’re considering but that general floor plan has been around for a while so functional issues should be minimal. As mentioned earlier, folks take to a keyboard when they feel they’ve been underserved and are quick to blame the manufacturer when in many cases with RV’s, it’s a lazy dealer that didn’t perform their duties properly. Find a good dealer that feels right and many of these issues go away.
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 05:12 PM   #7

Welcome!

We are now on our third Jayco and couldn’t be happier. Something to keep in mind is that people are going to post about the bad stufff, but not necessarily the good. There was a poll about quality on here not too long ago and if I remember correctly the vast majority of respondents were happy with their units.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 05:19 PM   #8
Site Team

WELCOME TO JOF!!!

The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

Like Stringray75 said, find a good dealer. If the dealers did their do-diligence on each RV that they received from the factory, a large portion of the issues would never make it to the paying customer.

I have a 2013 TT and I have not had any major issues. The big difference to remember is Jayco has a 2 year warranty, the others have a 1 year warranty. Jayco at least gives you an EXTRA year to correct any issues you find.

Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 07:09 AM   #9

Thanks so much for all the comments. Seems the key is having a good Dealer you can trust to take care of you. Anyone that has the 30.5 MBOK model I'd love to hear from. Looking forward to being in this group!
Old 01-21-2018, 02:36 PM   #10

We have the slightly smaller one. Been in it for a year now and still love it (full time).

Yes, some little problems all but one I fixed. The one the dealer fixed was a simple wiring harness issue (not dangerous).

We picked a Jayco cause it was the only floorplan/length/weight we liked.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 03:23 PM   #11

Thanks for the comments. Your floorplan is the one we initially liked the most until we saw the 30.5 that has 2 recliner/rockers in the living room.
Old 01-21-2018, 04:29 PM   #12

I have not heard anyone on this site, that actually has one. I have heard a few people mention they have one on order.

One thing to remember these campers are all hand built, so there will be issues. Most of the time fairly minor issues.

I believe the HT model line is a lower end 5ver. Still a nice unit. HT started out meaning a half ton truck could pull it. That 30MBOK is no half ton pull able. I like the 30MBOK and really would like to see one in person, hopefully there will be one at the camping show.

The key is to find a dealer with a great reputation, especially their service department. Service on these things are not are quick turn around like are car. It can take weeks, to get the authorization then parts, the time to do the work.

My htt had are series of little things wrong with it, most of it, I could fix, but I let the dealer do it, are they are 15 miles away.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote