Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-03-2018, 11:45 AM   #1

2 Years 11 Months of Warranty

Getting close to my last thread, many may be happy!Took camper in July 30th to get final warranty completed!A work lists submitted August 2017, yes not a typo.Worked with Lippert to make sure all parts were in!Today called Little Dealer Little Prices in Phoenix.Have not even looked at it.Yep all most three years to get warranty completed!In my opinion Jayco washes there hands clean on warranty! You are on your own...............
Attached Thumbnails
100_0357.1584.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 12:27 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
Worked with Lippert to make sure all parts were in!Today called Little Dealer Little Prices in Phoenix.
Therein lies your problem.....JAYCO can't force the dealer to work on it.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 12:29 PM   #3

We left ours at LDLP Deer Valley for a week a couple of years ago to have them perform a 'recall fix' and it wasn't until we called almost a week later did they finally get it done that morning.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 01:52 PM   #4

Yep, 2 years & 8 months and mine is fixed and fixed properly. But same as you the dealer was spending most of the time starring at it. I finally had enough and dragged the unit back to the factory from Florida. Jayco repaired everything I had issue with. They even went beyond and even took care of a few major items that were out of Warranty. I'm sure it was an act of good faith because they knew the frustration we went through with the dealers. So I can't say anything negative about Jayco, it's a matter of finding someone who is willing to do the warranty repairs. Bottom Line.

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 02:44 PM   #5

Unfortunately for us closest factory about 2000 miles! May have been faster in more than one way to drive there!Last new camper for us. Thanks Everyone!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Sunset Mtn..jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 09:38 PM   #6

Slide issue question.

Have a 2016 Jayco 330RSTS. I have had it in the shop twice for a slide issue. They had to add support to both sides to fix the issue and the second time for the same had rivets sheered off and a piece broke off one of the motors. They fixed that. Now the same slide is twisting as it is going in and out. My warranty expired in June.
This is clearly an existing issue. My question is should this be covered as an existing issue?
Jaakkandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 02:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaakkandy View Post
Have a 2016 Jayco 330RSTS. I have had it in the shop twice for a slide issue. They had to add support to both sides to fix the issue and the second time for the same had rivets sheered off and a piece broke off one of the motors. They fixed that. Now the same slide is twisting as it is going in and out. My warranty expired in June.
This is clearly an existing issue. My question is should this be covered as an existing issue?
Have your documents in order I think Jayco will take care of you. Call them...
Chiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 03:34 PM   #8

Jayco should have some say with dealers! They represent there products! If a dealer can't take care of there customers after the sale, Then Jayco should pull their franchise
hummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 04:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post
Jayco should have some say with dealers! They represent there products!
They also sell other brands, they are not exclusive so you get in line. JAYCO cannot mandate that their product gets serviced before the FOREST RIVER or WINNEBAGO that was sold.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:33 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
They also sell other brands, they are not exclusive so you get in line. JAYCO cannot mandate that their product gets serviced before the FOREST RIVER or WINNEBAGO that was sold.
Very true. That is what I love about my dealer. They are a good size dealership BUT they are exclusively a Jayco dealer for new units. They do have some used of other brands of course. So the service department solely works on Jaycos.
Chiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:45 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiggins View Post
BUT they are exclusively a Jayco dealer for new units.
Those are hard to find. You need that or a dealership with a "reputable" service dept that is adequetly staffed. It also helps if you are a long term customer. One reason we had good service, dealing with our's since 1977.