Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-15-2014, 03:28 PM   #1

20 MRB Quality Issues

Hello All,
I have been lurking here since getting a Jayco 154 BH last year. As most have noted, the quality seemed to be top notch with just a few minor issues. The wife and I wanted something just a tad bigger so we started looking a few weeks ago. The last place we hit was the dealer we purchased our 154 BH. We really liked the 20 MRB White Hawk and decided it was going to be our upgrade! A few concerns I had up front was the fact that this trailer was at our RV show a week before and most likely it had a few hundred people pass through it. I figured that heck if anything would have been wrong with it surely it would have been found then and addressed. I made an appointment later that week to go through it and note anything that need to be addressed before I picked it up. I found a few things which were not show stoppers:
1. Caulk around the front cabinets needed to be redone as it had pulled away from the front wall.
2. Two holes in the slide above the windows, look like they were going to use different window curtains and maybe forgot to fix them.
3. Big scuff on the ceiling.
4. Caulk around the top edge of the slide.
5. The Murphy bed latches would not close all the way.
Pick up day everything was addressed except for the scuff on the ceiling. They said they could order another panel and they had no idea how it happened. On delivery day the dealership has a person go through and demonstrate and check everything. On demonstrating the slide I figured out where the scuff came from… Once the slide was almost all the way in it shot almost straight up putting A LOT of pressure on the ceiling place where the scuff was (you could hear it hit). They addressed the slide and the next thing was the water pump. Good Lord it sounded like a fog horn …the person said it was “normal” ---- really?? Ok so came time for me to hook up and pull alongside my 154 and transfer stuff. Once hooked up I had the guy check my lights and on the right blinker test all the lights went out …. Blew a fuse. Had a backup so tried it again and boom on the right blinker it blew. The tech said it was the truck… After checking all of the connections I noticed a blue wire attached to the front of the trailer had been crimped. The box that holds all of the wires on the front --- somebody carelessly put the cover over the blue wire and crimped it. After that was fixed we tried again and I blew another fuse. This time the guy again blamed the truck ---then I blew a fuse …. The dealership pulled another truck next to the trailer and guess what … yup the right blinker did not work!!! So by now I have been at the dealership for 6 hrs. and the patience I had was long gone. They asked for me to come back tomorrow and they would get the short in the trailer addressed, at that point I was done.
Has the quality of Jayco fallen? I searched high and low for issues with that model and found nothing on the net. Am I missing something??
marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:06 PM   #2

I just think you got "one of those units". I'm very pleased with the quality of our fiver but if I were you (easy for me to say, huh?) I would stay away from that unit. You may also want to think about another dealer. He doesn't sound very customer friendly.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote