Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-31-2022, 12:19 AM   #1

2006 jayco Seneca

I was driving down the road and the dashboard started beeping and flashing 2 lights. One was the coolant light and the other was the turnover light. I had zero throttle like it just shut off. So I pulled over and as i was was getting to a slow enough speed it just completely shutdown. I sat for a couple minutes and checked the coolant level and everything was fine. So I started it up and it seemed good. Went like 4 miles and it did it again. So I noticed a wire coming off the bottom of the coolant reservoir and it did seem a little loose. So I kinda pushed it tight but still felt kinda loose. So I started it up again and had no issue. Could that wire be the cause of that? If not what could it be? Thank you
Sheppard219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 04:28 AM   #2

Sounds like it was your issue. The Engine control module will use various readings from sensors to go into "Limp mode" to prevent serious damage to your engine, such as the one you experienced, as an overheated engine can cause blown head gaskets, or worse.

You may want to see if there is anything else you need to do on that wire to prevent this from happening again.

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 07:00 AM   #3

You may want to join the "dieselplace" forum that is all Chevy/GM including medium duty trucks to see what they say.

https://www.dieselplace.com/