Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-22-2015, 07:41 PM   #1

2015 29REKS Delamination

I can't believe it, I was getting ready to wash and wax our 2015 29REKS (we purchased it on Jan 10 2015 ) this afternoon and noticed bubbles, some about fist size on the front of the unit about 8 inches or so from the edge of the trim. I am suspecting the clearance light leaked because after a closer inspection of the light it looks like the sealant on top of the light was shrunk in and it looked like there was a gap that may have allowed water to penetrate. I called the dealer and will take it in tomorrow for pictures of the damage and will wait for Jayco to make a decision on what to do with it. We have a great dealer and they have always been there for us when we had problems with two TT's we purchased from them in the past. My question is, I wonder if the unit will be sent back to Jayco for replacement of the entire front or does anyone think the dealer will replace the front in their shop, just wondering if anyone has dealt with this type of repair which is under warranty as we have only had the unit for 4 months.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:48 PM   #2

It could happen both ways, I would likely think your dealer will replace the front panel in their shop. It depends how big the service department is.
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller

Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 11:07 AM   #3

Took the TT to the dealer on Saturday and pictures were taken of the bubble spots. Warranty person said that everything will be turned in to Jayco and the delamination area as low as it is on the cap is probably more than likely due to the glue failing instead of from water infiltration. Said they have seen it before on a new Forest River they sold. Also stated the front cap will more than likely be replaced and told me to enjoy the camping season and ask me if I would prefer to bring it in for repairs after the season is over with, which is probably what we will do
Old 06-05-2015, 06:29 PM   #4

My 5th wheel is currently at the Jayco factory. Had delamination on the back panel and on the driver side panel. We have been scheduled for almost a year, just sent it June 1st, I'm currently in a loner while they do the repairs. I expect it back towards the end of the month.