Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-03-2014, 03:18 PM   #1

2015 Jayco 31 DS Bluetooh

Well first let me start off by saying I love my new jayco motorhome. When I first picked up my motorhome I want to head in sync my new iPhone to the Bluetooth everything works great synced up really easy with the Jensen stereo system.

While driving home from the dealer my wife called me I went ahead and answered the phone on the Bluetooth I could hear her clear which she could not hear me at all. When we took our first trip and once again forgot all about that and the phone rang I tried again answering the phone same thing I could hear them clear they couldn't hear me at all.

So I went on the Internet checked everything out for the Jensen stay over everything seemed fine I want to heading call Jayco and after about eight days they called me back to let me know the Jayco does not install the microphones for the stereo from the factory, The gentleman I talked to from Jayco told me that the microphone is in the goody bag that came along with the motorhome. He also told me that if I want to do install the microphone it wasn't that hard or I could take it back to the dealer and have them install it for me.

I hung up the phone thanking him for contacting me and letting me know of the situation. Now I am a mechanic and I feel very apt to pulling the radio out and installing the microphone but I just thought for a new motorhome this should've been installed from the factory.

Don't know if anybody else had to situates or not but I'm just venting.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #2
WDW

Interesting .... In Winnebagos you see them hanging out. I set our 31FK's up and made a couple of test call and it worked fine but I don't see any microphones. Maybe my iPhone acted as the mic? I will have to test ours at the next time we pull her out of storage.

Formerly 31FK 15 Grayhawk
Toad: 2015 Jeep Cherokee "The Caboose".

Taking in the sights wherever my Trolley takes me!
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 06:49 PM   #3
Site Team

Sounds like they treated you well.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 06:51 AM   #4

Well yesterday I pulled the dash and removed the radio to install the Bluetooth mic in the rear or the radio that Jayco let out. It was a task as the dash will not come all the way out without dropping the steering wheel assembly down so the dash trim can clear. First to losing the dash trim use some trim tools and pull it toward you and all the snap clips will release. Then after removing a few wires you need to remove 4 9/32 screws 2 on each side of the radio mount. Pull out radio and plug-in mic and route to area that you want the mic (I put mine at the top of the right front trim panel). Reinstall radio and screws, the dash trim and steering wheel assembly. If you need pics I took a few
Chuck
Old 05-15-2015, 08:05 PM   #5

It is 1000000% ridiculous this is not installed on a brand new motorhome. So aggrevating
YouTube - PaleoHikerMD
DocHarvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:57 AM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to abridges01 Send a message via Skype™ to abridges01
Having just acquired a Greyhawk 29KS I was more than a little disappointed to find the microphone provided with a photocopy of the Jensen quick guide (and no full manual) and not already installed.
Any photos and advice as to how to do the install with be very much appreciated cbss, thank you.
abridges01 is offline   Reply With Quote