Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-06-2017, 01:59 PM   #61

Just booked a campsite for 5 days on Kelleys Island on Lake Erie. We've never camped there before but the State Park looks nice. We camp at least 1 weekend every month thru the year. We dry camp in the winter.
runnerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 02:14 PM   #62

We joined a local chapter of the Family Campers and RVers and have quite a full schedule lined up.

March - Raleigh Oaks RV Resort - Four Oaks, NC
April - North River Campground - Shawboro, NC
May - Carolina Crossroads Campground - Roanoke Rapids, NC
June - Tanglewood Campground - Clemons, NC
July - Jones Station RV Resort - Mebane, NC
August - Fries New River Trail RV Park - Fries, VA
September - Mayberry Campground - Mt Airy, NC & Traveler RV Park - Chattanooga, TN
October - Greystone RV Park - Pilot Mountain, NC
November - Oak Hollow RV Park - High Point, NC

We try to camp the second weekend of every month March - November. So far, we have found it to be a pretty fun group to camp with. It's a national club, so there are many state and national camping events too.
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71
SMS1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 04:57 PM   #63
M&A

Long July 4th weekend booked at Unicoi. First time camping there - loved the barrels for the last 30 years. Everything else is play it by ear.
M&A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 05:07 PM   #64

We have over 25 days planned for mostly state parks here in Michigan. We are doing 2 weeks at Otsego Lake State Park, a week on the shores of Lake Michigan at Pioneer County Park in Muskegon, and 4 days at Port Cresent off Lake Huron.

I still have a few plans for some weekend getaways but those are going to be spur of the moment.
kennibc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 05:29 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerly View Post
Just booked a campsite for 5 days on Kelleys Island on Lake Erie. We've never camped there before but the State Park looks nice. We camp at least 1 weekend every month thru the year. We dry camp in the winter.
The state park on Kellys Island looks nice. We were going to spend a few days there last summer after a few days at Cedar Point Campground, but the round trip ferry cost to get us and the camper over to the island was about $200 so I figured lets do it when we had more time. Hope your camper is under 26' as that was the limit last year, only one ferry service carries vehicles. Have fun.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:17 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
So far, we've reserved two weekends at Cedar Point State Park in Cape Vincent, one at Wellesley Island State Park, and one at Sampson State Park.
Wellesley Island is amazing, we were there in early October (Fox loop, full hookups) and loved it. Enjoy!
Our White Hawk photo album
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 07:25 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaquero View Post
Just reserved a few nights at Davis Mountains Texas State Park for next week.
Looks like we're up and running.
We spent a wonderfully memorable New Years at the Indian Lodge there. Great locals. We really enjoyed the area.

The views expressed may not be mine in five minutes.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:45 PM   #68

We have a trip to our favorite local campground in June, Gettysburg in July, and Erie with some fishing in July.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:57 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
So far, we've reserved two weekends at Cedar Point State Park in Cape Vincent, one at Wellesley Island State Park, and one at Sampson State Park.
I love Northern New York. We'll have both the boat and the camper at Grass Point State Park for two weeks in July. It's our favorite because our camper is only steps from our boat slip.

While you're at Sampson, be sure to check out the museum.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:47 PM   #70

Been to Parker Az for 10 days this past January- March going to Tombstone Az for 7 days- then hopefully going to Pinetop Az May 4th till Oct then going to Lost Dutchman state park in November for 7 days then to Tucson in December for 7 days. I we don't make Pinetop in May we will be there in June.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 05:13 AM   #71
Site Team

We leave Thursday for a 2 night stop at Coastal Georgia RV park, then to Silver Springs SP for 5 days, then over to Homasassa to CampNwater for a week.

Loading up the kayaks today!.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:18 AM   #72
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
Wellesley Island is amazing, we were there in early October (Fox loop, full hookups) and loved it. Enjoy!
Yes, they did a great job revamping the Fox Loop. We last stayed there a couple years ago just after the renovation was done (had just hydoseeded, so lots of mud). That was to be our first trip out last June, but someone fell off the ladder cleaning the TT and broke their arm (not sayin' who!), three day before, so that weekend had to be cancelled. We love how the angled the sites, and made them "L" shaped. MUCH easier to get in and out.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:25 AM   #73
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaacs View Post
I love Northern New York. We'll have both the boat and the camper at Grass Point State Park for two weeks in July. It's our favorite because our camper is only steps from our boat slip.

While you're at Sampson, be sure to check out the museum.
The museum is indeed great, although when I saw the dentist's chair in the Navy side, it sent chills down my spine! It was identical to the one my dentist had when I was a little kid. (Oops, I think I just gave away my age!)

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 10:17 AM   #74

Last year was the first we camped in 20 years and we put our new trailer to the test and did ten trips from Ocean City south. Our furthest was Tybee Island, Great Place highly recommend but be prepared for the heat if you go in August, 3 days, 105 degrees.

We are planning a 14 day trip from Annapolis to Main and looking for suggestions, love the water but also like the mountains.
Grampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 08:19 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF1963 View Post
Bigmeaux- concur completely with NVGun40. And I gotta say, you're braver than me. Don't want to rain on your parade to Fairbanks, etc., but even if I were still working, I'd plan on more than 3 weeks (total?) + @ 5 days in Fairbanks. From my experience in driving the ALCAN (even without a TT), a 10,000 mile round trip to/return Alaska is taxing. It isn't like running around the US on our Interstate highways. Most of the ALCAN is 2-lane, decent highway with great distances between ANYWHERE! Should you have any problem at all, it may be 100 miles until any assistance can be expected. Were it me, I'd build in at least another week in consideration of any unforeseen problems not to mention TRAFFIC. You may be unpleasantly surprised at the amount of traffic regardless of your routing, ESPECIALLY RV's! Keep us JOFers apprised of your progress and encounters.
Thanks for the advice JEFF. I have alloted all the time that I can spare due to the fact that I'm a farmer and it will be just before harvest season for me. I love to ride and drive so if we get part way and see we will run out of time we will just start back home early and regroup for another road trip next year. Another road trip always sounds good.

TV- 2015 CHEVY 2500 DURAMAX
TT- 2015 JAYCO EAGLE 314BHDS
bigmeaux12 is offline   Reply With Quote