Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-10-2020, 06:52 PM   #1

2018 324bds interior lights flickering

Fist post, and I need some help. My interior lights in the main living area have started flickering...actually strobing, but only on shore power. When running on battery, all is well. Any ideas? Could it be the inverter?
Thanks in advance for any help...and forgive me if I should have posted this elsewhere!
Shawn.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 08:13 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the Forum from Western New York State! We're glad you've joined us here!

Led lights can be fussy when it comes to power. LEDs are turning on and off all the time, just so fast, you normally can't tell. Any power anomaly will show up immediately with them. Are there any ceiling lights anywhere else in the RV that don't flicker or strobe?

Some power converters aren't really known for really "clean" power, but before you change it, there may be a loose or bad ground connection. If the converter is charging a low battery (which is indeed powering the lights), that may be a slim possibility. If you have a battery shut off switch, they may stop strobing if you turn it off.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 05:28 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
Welcome to the Forum from Western New York State! We're glad you've joined us here!

Led lights can be fussy when it comes to power. LEDs are turning on and off all the time, just so fast, you normally can't tell. Any power anomaly will show up immediately with them. Are there any ceiling lights anywhere else in the RV that don't flicker or strobe?

Some power converters aren't really known for really "clean" power, but before you change it, there may be a loose or bad ground connection. If the converter is charging a low battery (which is indeed powering the lights), that may be a slim possibility. If you have a battery shut off switch, they may stop strobing if you turn it off.
Thanks for the reply JFlightRisk! It's only the lights in the main living/kitchen area that are having an issue. The bathroom and bedroom light seem to work just fine.
I don't have a battery shut off, but I can disconnect it this evening when I get home.
Old 09-11-2020, 03:36 PM   #4

Ok...so I disconnected the battery, and still have the strobe going on. I took the switch off and checked connections...they seem to be ok. As far as I can tell, the only thing impacted is this one set of lights. Does not seem to be the inverter to me....but I’m a newbie at this so what do I know? The switch is a dual switch with one controlling the living area lights and the other controls the awning led’s. The awning lights seem to have no issue. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!