Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-19-2021, 03:08 PM   #1

2018 Jayco Feather Television Functioning

We are new owners of a 2018 sixteen foot Jayco Feather. It has a television with some kind of antenna on the roof (which I put up and it scanned for channels in the area but only broke up channels were found). And, I am presently at a campsite that supposedly have TV hookups (I have hooked up to the campground coaxal and no matter what input I choose on the TV (obviously it would be the TV input but I have tried all of them) no signal is found.

So, I began trying to figure out how the connections to the TV are configured. What I don't understand, and the main focus of my question, is first, what could be going on, and second on the wall there are two plates and I can't tell how they function or what they do. There is one plate with a "lighter" type round connection with a cable input right below and a little button that if you push it it turns green. I have pushed the button and turned it off and I can't even tell what it is for.

Last, there is an outlet just above that outlet that has two cable connections, but all that it has is a short coaxil connecting the two cable connectors.

Can anybody explain to me how this is supposed to work (manual says very little about it) and what are the various inputs for.

Thanks
mduchemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 03:27 PM   #2

So here is your answers
The coax outlet with the cigarette lighter plug and the button that turns light on and off
This is TV antenna from roof antenna OR antenna or cable connection on exterior of trailer
The button and light indicate if the rooftop antenna signal booster is on or off. If using rooftop antenna turn on.. Green light lighted
You must turn the antenna in the direction of the tv station broadcast towers to get a clear signal and they need to be less than about 50-70 miles away.
Without the booster turned on you get nothing from the rooftop antenna. With booster on and pointed in the right direction and less than the 50-60 miles do the scan on the tv set for antenna or over the air from within the TV setting menu.
Weak stations will pixelated and audio will drop out.

Now for campgrd antenna or cable you turn the booster Off
For over the air (ota) antenna just do the same TV channel scan as above.
For cable leave the booster off and in the TV menu change to cable rather than ota and scan

The double plate with the coax loop is if you use satellite reciever.

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 04:04 PM   #3

Holy Cow, thanks for the really prompt and concise reply that answered all of my questions. Thanks so much.
mduchemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 05:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mduchemin View Post
Holy Cow, thanks for the really prompt and concise reply that answered all of my questions. Thanks so much.
No problem
RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jaycotv, jaycotvconnections, jaycotvfunctions