Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-21-2024, 12:51 AM   #1

2023 White Hawk 29BH Solar

Hey all new here. My 23 WH 29BH has the JayCommand, is pre-wired for solar on top, and also has the solar on the side. I took the wall panel off where the sticker was and just see some weirdness with the wiring. Things like black wires hooking to the same place as red wires, a bunch of blue “data” looking cables that don’t plug in anywhere and one has a jumper installed, the battery disconnect is reading backwards according to my meter when hooking up red to red and black to black. Also this camper is pretty loaded and looking at the wiring diagram in the pic it calls for 2-30s, 1-20, and 1-15 amp. Mine are actually 3-30s and 1-20 amp breaker so you would think they’d put a correct diagram there. Even the stuff isn’t hooked up in the order they say on that diagram lol. Everything electrical works properly from what I can tell. See pics
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8870.jpg   IMG_8871.jpg   IMG_8873.jpg   IMG_8876.jpg   IMG_8872.jpg  

23WhiteHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 12:58 AM   #2

Also my battery disconnect is odd. I am currently hooked up to shore power 50 amp and the light above the disconnect works until I turn the switch then it goes off. My thoughts were that disconnect only shuts off the flow from the battery to keep it from draining. So if I am hooked up to shore shouldn’t that light stay on either way? Sorry it’s 3am here and we are leaving for a trip Saturday morning and I still have to install my BougeRV MTTP controller and the 200W BougeRV CIGS solar panel before we leave. I just put a 2nd battery up front as well in parallel for some extra energy to run the 12V fridge longer. Had an issue last time I took it to the shop for warranty work they left it unplugged from shore and killed my battery. So I had 2 new ones here already from my boat trolling motor that I haven’t installed yet so camper has them now.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8875.jpg   IMG_8878.jpg   IMG_8826.jpg  
Old 06-21-2024, 01:03 AM   #3

Sorry pics loaded sideways. Not sure how they did that
Old 06-21-2024, 05:18 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23WhiteHawk View Post
Sorry pics loaded sideways. Not sure how they did that
Try editing the size ever so little and they should load correctly.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 01:13 PM   #5

So I guess since it was so late last night I forgot to ask opinions on how to hook it all up. I guess run the +PV from the lug and -PV from that cable “fitting” it’s already installed in to the Solar Controller. Then from the solar controller battery output back to the battery wires? Do you all see any thing that would concern you from the pics?