Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-19-2017, 09:24 PM   #1

21 free nights of camping

When I purchased my TT I received a promo package from camping world for 21 free nights of camping but I was very suspicious about it. It's through travel resorts of America and they require a 2 hr tour of one of their cg before they issue the 21 free days of camping. Also the 21 days must be used within 12 months. I'm assuming it's sort of like a timeshare presentation but they are basically selling a membership to the cg.
Has anybody gone to one of these cg? I'm thinking of doing the Gettysburg one in August but have no plan on purchasing nada! They also mentioned that they will throw in 1-2 nights free so that we don't have to drive back and forth the same day since it's a 4 hour trip each way. I only want to do it if it's a nice cg and don't feel like being harassed after a 4 hr Drive.
Studiovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 04:08 AM   #2

I can't speak to the campground itself but I can say that most of the free "Giveaways" you get at these types of presentations are so filled with restrictions and hidden requirements they are virtually useless...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:25 AM   #3

Yep Studiovette, It's similar to a timeshare sales pitch. But, for the couple of hours of inconvenience, you'll get a few nights of free camping. Our freebie was also from Camping World through Ocean Canyon Properties. We didn't buy into the offer and as a result can only use the remainder of the free camping Monday thru Thursday.
2019 Silverado 3500HD - Duramax - SRW - 4WD - CC - LTZ - 8' Bed
Reese M5 20K
triplebvalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:39 AM   #4

We had the same thing "given" to us. I called and setup the initial tour for the campground in Georgia at Lake Oconee. That is the only way to get the the 21 days free voucher. When we got to the tour the guy took us out to start showing us the campground and doing his sales pitch. He looked at me and my wife and said you guys must be here for the free camping and we said yup and that we were not interested in anything he had to say. He drove us around the campground for 10 minutes asking us how we liked our new camper and such. Took us back to the office and gave us our free camping. We were there an hour tops and most of that time was waiting for the tour. I think we lucked out on who we got. But you have to do the initial tour to get the vouchers.

We got three weeks of camping. Three vouchers that has to be used at one of their sites. Each voucher is good for up to 7 consecutive days. Only one voucher was good for the prime months (june, july, august). We have already used one voucher at the Gettysburg location and really enjoyed it.

It was worth it in my opinion.

2012 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie DRW - High Output 6.7L Cummins, Max Tow, FireStone Airbags, 60 Gallon Titan XXL fuel tank, Fully Deleted
2017 Jayco North Point 377rlbh with Kaut NV 2.0 bike rack
jasonmiddlebrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:11 AM   #5

Nothing's free

It can be great if you like the campground(s) available & can work with the restrictions - some treat you like a stepchild but it's " free " - we do this when we can & some are much better than others

Les & Sandy
2016 Seneca HJ - Scangauge D - Truma Comfort
560 watts solar - Blue Sky 3024iL -IPN ProRemote - Trojan T-105RE
Good Sam Life Member - FMCA Member - Passport America
Les7h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:55 AM   #6

I tossed that offer in the trash when I got home, none of the campgrounds interested me.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote