Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-14-2015, 06:22 AM   #1

23RB 12V DC Jack(s) + Audio Visual (AV) Questions

My 2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23RB has three wall jacks in the rear of the communications shelf/bay next to the TV: (1) an AC electrical outlet, (2) a wall jack with two coaxial fittings for affixing external satellite or cable, and (3) a 12V DC jack AND one coaxial fitting.

1.) The 12V DC jack says it is for the TV only. Why? May I plug my Wilson Electronics Mobile 4G 460108 Booster into this outlet? I have already once. My booster works, but it runs warm. Anyone else use it for this purpose?

2.) What is the coaxial jack beneath the 12V DC jack?

3.) I assume when hooking up the three RCA AV cables from the IRV stereo to the TV I hook them up to the rear of the stereo. There are two rows of RCA AV jacks. Do you know which row of jacks I use?

4.) Using RCA AV cables will only provide 480i quality video to my HD TV. Those familiar with the standard IRV stereo in the newer Jay Flight models, do you know any way to use the existing jacks/connectors to get 720i on DVDs used in it?

5.) My model has two USB ports next to the sink. They work for like a day or two, then stopped. Has anyone had similar experiences? Do you know how to fix this? Can the USB ports be replaced with a 12V DC jack? Given the shape of the port and what I've seen on other models I assume as 12V DC jack used to be there in its place.