Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-18-2015, 01:36 PM   #1

248RBS Bed Frame Help please

Was loading up at Roaring River State Park and happened to look up in the outside storage and seen the plywood bed bottom has the screws pulling thru it. I know I weigh between 290 and 310 but come on the trailer is exactly two years and 7 days old. Is there a way to fix this? Has anyone done a mod? Appears to be 3/8 inch plywood. Looking for suggestions. I will post pictures If I need to.
BillMc
BillMc40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 04:48 PM   #2

Hi Bill,

On our trailer I noticed the plywood bottom on ours is also 3/8" plywood. In the spring I am just going to replace it with 5/8" plywood to beef it up. Try looking at that option.
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller

Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 05:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping Couple View Post
Hi Bill,

On our trailer I noticed the plywood bottom on ours is also 3/8" plywood. In the spring I am just going to replace it with 5/8" plywood to beef it up. Try looking at that option.
I am also thinking about taking the 3/8 plywood and making a divider for the storage area. In as muck a get another brace for the bed platform to rest on. I was hoping maybe someone had else had a fix for this problem.
BillMc
Old 10-24-2015, 11:00 PM   #4

I do believe I have it repaired. Replace the 3/8 plywood with 5/8. I had to buy two sheets. I took the 3 foot by 24 and cut it to fit the pass thru storage area. Now I have to separate storage areas. More importantly I have another support for the bed platform to rest on. I was up crawling on it screwing 5/8 plywood to the piano hinge. No sag no bowing. Bought those clamps to hang brooms on and moved the broom and swifter to the new wall.
BillMc