Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-25-2016, 05:58 PM   #1

267bhsw

My wife and I are thinking about getting this model. Has anyone had this unit a season or two? And what do you like or dislike about it?

We currently have a Jay Series 1006 popup that we bought new in '08. We are ready to put the canvas years behind us, even though it's been a great time.
DamonZ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:22 PM   #2

Welcome and congrats on the possible new rig!!!!

Can't help about that model but I bet someone with it (or similar) will be along shortly to answer the questions.

Verify your tv is up to the task once both the tv and tt are loaded up and ready to go for a trip. Do not go by the manufactures "brochure" dry weights. They do not include any options, even those options that are "mandatory ones". The dry tw does not include the weight of the propane tanks or a battery on the tongue either. That alone will add ~120lbs for 2-20lb tanks and a battery, or ~160lbs for 2-30lb tanks and a battery before loading anything else in the tt for a trip. Make sure you get the correct rated wd bars also.

Not sure if you are looking at new or used, but get a good wdh with integrated sway control. The Reese Dual Cam, Reese SC, and the Equal-I-Zer 4 way system are all very good systems for the price. The Reese (both models) does offer a little more fine tuning adjustment vs the Equal-I-Zer system, but you can't go wrong with any one of these models...

If needed, follow the links in my signature for a ton of wdh info.

Good luck!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:41 PM   #3

We are starting our second season with our 267bhsw. Honestly have no complaints at all. It tows great, has adequate storage, and solid options for a base model trailer.
I've added a 28" tv, a bunk ladder, and a divider in the storage under the queen bed that doubles as extra support. I built a little shelf in the small vanity by the bathroom too.
We have been extremely pleased with it so far.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:44 AM   #4

This is very similar to our 2010 26bh that we recently picked up. We are still getting used to it, but here are a few things I've noticed:

- Bathroom is very small. Granted, mine has the sink separate of the toilet & shower, but it's tight. Although your sink is in the same room, I don't think you will gain any room because of the angle.

- Our queen bed is short. Doesn't bother my wife, but I'm 6' tall and my feet hang over the RV queen bed. Our normal queen at the house fits me fine. On ours we can only enter the master room from 1 side, so putting in a full size queen means the wife will likely have to crawl over me to get in/out of bed as I don't think there is enough room at the foot of the bed to install a full size queen and be able to still walk to the other side. On your setup, you could probably install a full size queen and both you will have a side to enter even if you lose all the space at the foot.

- I intentionally opted for the 26bh because it does not slide. I've borrowed slider units from family members in the past and had bad experiences with them so I wanted as simple as possible to keep down on initial costs and ongoing maintenance. I probably fall in the minority here as I know many like the extra space.

- We are kind of "old school" in thought. We have a radio, but no TV, DVD player, etc. And we don't want that stuff. For us, part of the fun is being outside, building camp fires, playing horse shoes, going on hikes, etc. You know, disconnecting from the electronics and reconnecting with ourselves. Inside is limited to sleeping or rain days, and then we do things like play cards, board games, etc.

- Our chocolate lab nearly went berserk on the first trip out. She does not like the movement of the trailer at all. Neither do the humans, lol. I plan on getting some X-chocks and also some jack sands to put near the wheels/middle where no stabilizer jacks currently exist. I've heard this will help reduce movement quite a bit.

Aluminum Stack Jacks, set of 4 - Camco 44560 - Stabilizing Jacks - Camping World

Overall, we really like the camper and we are happy with our purchase. It works good for us, and feel we got a great bang for the buck.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:35 PM   #5

We have a 2016 267BHSW and love it! We are getting ready for our 3rd trip and I can't wait. It'll be the first trip with our granddaughter and a friend is joining us with her 2 kids. It'll be interesting to see how it holds up with 3 adults and 3 kids. I'm curious how long the water will last since this state park doesn't have hookups.

It is a basic model so it doesn't have the fancy stuff but I didn't want that. I had the dealer put on the Lend-a-Hand bar outside as the standard handle is really small and I was afraid I'd fall on the stairs. We put some SmartTiles behind the stove and sink - adds color and helps with grease clean-up.

The bathroom has been adequate size for us and we are not small, skinny people. I like that the sink is separate from the tub/toilet. The bed is comfortable and I am usually pretty picky about mattresses. I haven't slept on the bunks or couch yet. The inside storage has been more that adequate but we've never done a trip longer than 4 days.

Hubby says it tows nicely with our F350. It's easy to set up and outside storage is good. We bought plastic bins to keep things from sliding around in the front storage compartment.

Things we need to improve: the wood under the seat cushions is really thin so we are going to replace with plywood, the bed support also seems thin so we'll close off the back access to the storage and that should provide some support for the mattress, and install hydraulic supports under the bed.

Overall, it is a great trailer. I didn't want to get something too small and then have to upgrade in a year or two. This size fits perfectly for our normal usage.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:45 PM   #6

Thanks for the info everyone. We were looking at a Forest River Cherokee 274BHS, but our Jayco popup has been awesome and our dealer experience, Hartville RV(Ohio) has really been the greatest influence on getting another Jayco. So I think we're going to go with the 267, going to look at a 287 soon before we buy. But either way it's going to be a Jayco [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DamonZ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 08:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonZ8 View Post
Thanks for the info everyone. We were looking at a Forest River Cherokee 274BHS, but our Jayco popup has been awesome and our dealer experience, Hartville RV(Ohio) has really been the greatest influence on getting another Jayco. So I think we're going to go with the 267, going to look at a 287 soon before we buy. But either way it's going to be a Jayco [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We went to the rv show and were going back and forth between the 267 and 287bhsw its a hard pick both have advantages but we went with 287bhsw 1 for the big bathroom, we can actually move around and change clothes in there plus the 2nd door, 2 is the u shapped dinette so much more room to eat(family of 4) 3 was ladder for bunk beds, but both good trailers